Before you ask please READ THIS

Visual Composer issue (Drag&Drop)

edited March 2015 in Blame Posts: 15
Hi

I’m experiencing issues with the Visual Composer. I can’t drag and drop items. Appearently there’s a conflict between your themes code and the plugin, because I have no such issues with the theme The7. I’m running the latest wordpress version on both sites, with the latest theme updates and the latest VC update included in the themes.

Would you please have a look at the issue?

For good measure I have attached a screenshot of how it looks when I try to drag and drop items.
Screen Shot 2015-03-12 at 11.29.35.png
2560 x 1256 - 425K

Comments

• AirAir
    Hi there:-)

I can't recreate this issue, so I assume this is specific to your environment.

Could you please send me temporary access(create new ADMIN account with fake e-mail) to your WP so I could check there what is going on? Send it here on forum via private message(click on my nick and there you will find option "Send Air a Message"). In message please attach link to topic it applies to.

With kind regards.
  • AirAir
    Hello there:-)

Thanks for data. I have tested your site and I didn't experience any issues with drag and drop in VC. Maybe it happens only in one, or few elements. You can post me link to exact page and tell which element I should drag to see issue.

Btw. I use latest FireFox and it is OK for me.

I also noticed that you didn't update VC while updating theme. You should do it as stated in change log http://www.apollo13.eu/themes_update/blame/index.html

With kind regards.
  • edited March 2015 Posts: 15
    Same issue after I updated the plugin. Now however, the backend editor of Visual Composer is a bit messed up. There appears to be an offset of 1 on the left, making the layout in the backend look wierd and unorganized.

To be more specific, as I think you may have misunderstood what I meant.

I can't drag and drop eg. the image or text element from one column into another. This was possible some time ago.

BTW. I have tried in both the latest Firefox, Chrome and Safari. Problems in all of them.

Screen Shot 2015-03-13 at 10.09.01.png
    2560 x 1277 - 590K
    Post edited by AllanLange on
  • AirAir
    That is strange, but I just can't experience your issues. Check my screen shots, before and after.
    Please try working on my profile, that you have created for me, to check if it is not profile related issue.

It doesn't sound like browser problem, cause both you and me tried this on FIrefox an Chrome and we get same results(for you broken, for me works).

With kind regards.
    before.png
    1903 x 980 - 609K
    after.png
    1903 x 980 - 599K
  • Hi Air

The theme update from 16 April 2015 and the included update to Visual Composer somehow fixed the issue. Thank you for your support.

Best Regards
    Allan Lange
  • AirAir
    AllanLange said: 16 April 2015
    Wow, you have some releases from future! Could you share ;-) ?

I am glad it is fixed for you cause it was annoying that I couldn't recreate it:-)

With kind regards.