Before you ask please READ THIS

Social Icon Customize

edited March 2015 in Blame Posts: 33
Hi, there

Want to ask why my social media icon not show up and comes up some small bug in the icon even when i change the social.png & social2x.png file?

But the name i able to change according to your method.

I already study for the old post http://support.apollo13.eu/discussion/2586/socials-social-services, and i follow the instruction as that listed.
social.png
1366 x 738 - 107K

Comments

• AirAir
    HI there:-)

In admin panel there is different file used for displaying social icons, so that is source of issue. But it shouldn't bother you, if everything is displaying good on front-end.

With kind regards.
  • Hi, there. I agree with you. But at the front-end also having the same type of the display.
    social icon.png
    1366 x 738 - 547K
  • AirAir
    OK, now I understand that my solution is not full:-) You will also have to update CSS, or rather add Custom CSS. I see you have replaced AIM icon, so this is CSS for you:

/* On light background */
    a.a13_soc-lookbook{ background-position: -10px -60px; }

/* On dark background */
    .dark-bg a.a13_soc-lookbook{ background-position: -110px -60px; }

/*HOVERS*/
    .socials a.a13_soc-lookbook:hover{ background-position: -60px -60px; }
    However I don't know which other icon you have replaced. So I will give you CSS after you tell me :-)

With kind regards.
  • Thanks you very much, I understand the meaning d. the next want i already solve it by myself d. Appreciate for your help, Air.
  • Hi, could you please explain how to edit these social.png and social2x.png files? i encounter the same problem - wanted to add Vkontakte. thank you in advance.
  • AirAir
    Open file in some editor, and replace icon you wish to sacrifice for your new icon :-) That is all.