Before you ask please READ THIS

Remove Widget Space from a layout

CIXCIX
edited August 2012 in Spaceship Posts: 11
Is there an easy way to remove the widget space and have the contents be full width?

Thank you,

Comments

• AirAir
    Hi there CIX.

We are aware of lack of that option for now, but unfortunately there is no easy way(that I know) to make it right now. I have shifted this option to next release of spaceship. I did so, cause we treated spaceship mostly as album theme, so to speed up release of first version by 3, 4 weeks we have cut off some troublesome options.

Currently I am heavily working on next release of spaceship but I am afraid it can take this 3, 4 weeks, but I will do my best to fire this update ASAP. I think we will break update list in two parts to make it appear faster.

Anyway you will see info about update in your admin panel :-) So stay tuned and sorry for any inconvenience.

With regards.
  • If you need a super quick fix until the next release, add this to page.php after the PHP code:

#content aside { display:none !important; }
    article { width:820px !important; }

This will remove the widget space on all pages and make all pages full-width though..
  • AirAir
    It is a good fix, but could have some issues in content with width of some elements, but only COULD :-)
  • edited August 2012 Posts: 3
    Did have some minor problems with content alignment on mobile afterwards. Edit:

article { width:820px !important; }

@media only screen and (max-width: 600px) {
    article { width:auto !important; }
    }
    Post edited by feedtheillusion on
  • AirAir
    Monday morning there should be Spaceship 1.1 released , so you can use switch for this one then :-)