Before you ask please READ THIS

Recent problem with checkout

edited April 2015 in Fame Posts: 13
Hi I have Fame theme on our site and a customer recently reported a problem at checkout which we replicated.

We are now getting a Java Script error.

The Firefox Web console is saying Type error r is undefined.

Here is the line of code it high lights:

(function($,h,c){var a=$([]),e=$.resize=$.extend($.resize,{}),i,k=”setTimeout”,j=”resize”,d=j+”-special-event”,b=”delay”,f=”throttleWindow”;e[b]=250;e[f]=true;$.event.special[j]={setup:function(){if(!e[f]&&this[k]){return false}var l=$(this);a=a.add(l);$.data(this,d,{w:l.width(),h:l.height()});if(a.length===1){g()}},teardown:function(){if(!e[f]&&this[k]){return false}var l=$(this);a=a.not(l);l.removeData(d);if(!a.length){clearTimeout(i)}},add:function(l){if(!e[f]&&this[k]){return false}var n;function m(s,o,p){var q=$(this),r=$.data(this,d);r.w=o!==c?o:q.width();r.h=p!==c?p:q.height();n.apply(this,arguments)}if($.isFunction(l)){n=l;return m}else{n=l.handler;l.handler=m}}};function g(){i=hk{a.each(function(){var n=$(this),m=n.width(),l=n.height(),o=$.data(this,d);if(m ==o.h){n.trigger(j,[o.w=m,o.h=l])}});g()},e[b])}})(jQuery,this);

Its only in Firefox and on the checkout page the spinny thing just spins and does not do anything else.

I have checked Chrome An IE 11 and all is fine with the checkout.

Is this an error that is known or could we get some help please?

Regards
Louise

Comments

• AirAir
    Hello :-)

Were you able to reproduce same issue on our demo? http://fame.apollo13.kinsta.com/

Is everything is up to date? Theme, plugins? Any fancy plugins installed?

With kind regards.
    Hi, we were not able to reproduce the same issue on your demo as it doesn't contain the same set up as ours. I have used your theme for over a year without a problem until recently.

Everything is up to date, theme, plugins and everything. My developer has checked and enabled his java console in firefox and the error is pointing to:-

type error r is undefined

(function($,h,c){var a=$([]),e=$.resize=$.extend($.resize,{}),i,k=”setTimeout”,j=”resize”,d=j+”-special-event”,b=”delay”,f=”throttleWindow”;e[b]=250;e[f]=true;$.event.special[j]={setup:function(){if(!e[f]&&this[k]){return false}var l=$(this);a=a.add(l);$.data(this,d,{w:l.width(),h:l.height()});if(a.length===1){g()}},teardown:function(){if(!e[f]&&this[k]){return false}var l=$(this);a=a.not(l);l.removeData(d);if(!a.length){clearTimeout(i)}},add:function(l){if(!e[f]&&this[k]){return false}var n;function m(s,o,p){var q=$(this),r=$.data(this,d);r.w=o!==c?o:q.width();r.h=p!==c?p:q.height();n.apply(this,arguments)}if($.isFunction(l)){n=l;return m}else{n=l.handler;l.handler=m}}};function g(){i=hk{a.each(function(){var n=$(this),m=n.width(),l=n.height(),o=$.data(this,d);if(m ==o.h){n.trigger(j,[o.w=m,o.h=l])}});g()},e[b])}})(jQuery,this);

If you place an item in the basket and proceed to checkout - step 3 - order information this is where the issue lies.

Please help - I am losing orders over this issue and would appreciate your urgent assistance with this.

Regards
    Louise
  • AirAir
    Yes, you have already copied this code, no need to do it anymore :-) Still I would like to see link to your shop so I could verify if I can help without access to code.

If you want to save time then could you please send me temporary access(create new ADMIN account with fake e-mail) to your WP and FTP so I could check there what is going on? Send it here on forum via private message(click on my nick and there you will find option "Send Air a Message"). In message please attach LINK(!!!) to topic it applies to.

With kind regards.
    Hi, I have just sent you a private message. Just wanted to also add a screen shot of what the checkout looks like when the problem occurs.

Thanks
    docx
    docx
    SCREENSHOT CHECKOUT.docx
  • AirAir
    Hello:-)

I noticed that you have a bit of customizations there and it could be first source of issues.
    What I will give you can affect other elements slightly but please test it, will this fix your issue.

Go to fame/js/plugins.js and delete everything from line 49 to end. It starts with this code

/*
    * jQuery resize event - v1.1 - 3/14/2010
    * http://benalman.com/projects/jquery-resize-plugin/
    * Copyright (c) 2010 "Cowboy" Ben Alman
    * Dual licensed under the MIT and GPL licenses.
    * http://benalman.com/about/license/
    */
    With kind regards.
    Hi we did this but it didnt make any difference I'm afraid. My store has been working fine up until your last fame update so we are considering changing the theme if this cannot be resolved urgently. I am loosing sales over this and am not happy.
  • AirAir
    I will check your site in a minute, but first I want to make one thing clear:
    louise said: My store has been working fine up until your last fame update so we are considering changing the theme if this cannot be resolved urgently.
    Urgently? I think I replied as fast as possible, and gave your case much priority, so please...
    Second - your version of theme is customized, and as I said bug you report is also in chrome but displaying silently. It could be there from beginning, and maybe just firefox browser changed something recently. Did you think about it?
    Third - Recently there were MANY updates to wordpress, so error can even come from there.

So to make it clear: it don't have to be Theme fault but it can be. So lets focus on resolving case instead of writing how unhappy you are, cause this is obvious

Just checked your site and I see that you didn't remove code I asked you to remove.

I forgot I have FTP access from you, and I will now try myself.

Please be calm, and help me help you.

With kind regards.
  • AirAir
    OK I checked, and removed this code, but unfortunately even without this code it can't go further in firefox. Now no error is displayed, but it also don't proceed which means issue lays somewhere else. I will try to investigate what is happening.

With kind regards.
  • AirAir
    Hi again.

For me it looks like script from that modified checkout is just stuck on server answer. For me it doesn't look like case connected to theme, anyway I can't find any issues atm.

You have many plugins that modify Woocommerce, and also WP super cache. On your place, or rather your developer place, I would deactivate all extra stuff and try to isolate issue. I know it can be hard to do on production site, but if you can make copy of it, then it could be easier to find culprit.

If you still think it is only theme fault and you want to change then go ahead. I tired to find issue, but debugging with so many external code is very hard, even harder that most of these things I see for first time.

Sorry for not being helpful enough.

With kind regards.
    Hi, thanks for rechecking this problem - not sure there was quite a need to be so rude with your reply. I am sure you can appreciate my frustration at losing business and money over this matter.

We had already checked and rechecked all of the plugins which were fine and the modifications have been in place for a long time so it isnt those and even with the multistep checkout plugin removed the problem is still there.

However, my developer has tried something else this morning - he has reverted back to Fame theme 1.6.2 the problem goes away so I would imagine this confirms it is a theme issue after all.

Could you take another look at this.

Regards
    Louise
  • AirAir
    louise said: not sure there was quite a need to be so rude with your reply
    I am sorry about my behavior, I felt really annoyed when I shouldn't. Sorry again.
    louise said: However, my developer has tried something else this morning - he has reverted back to Fame theme 1.6.2 the problem goes away so I would imagine this confirms it is a theme issue after all.
    That is great info, if I can say so:-)
    I have just checked change log of theme http://www.apollo13.eu/themes_update/fame/index.html and only think that could be connected to it is woocommerce templates, that was edited in 1.6.3 version. They were changed cause woocommerce changed theirs. I believe it was one or two templates in fame/woocommerce directory.

SO! Now I believe that you plugins/modifications depends on that what woocommerce removed in last update of their templates, and for some strange reason it affects only firefox. Very strange.

ANYWAY :-) To test it please do following things:
    1. Install newest version of theme and remove whole fame/woocommerce directory.
    2. If above fixes issue then take newest version again but in fame/woocommerce directory put files from fame/woocommerce in version 1.6.2
    If all that works, as I believe it should, we will be closer! I will try now find which templates were recently changed.

Sorry once again for my earlier behavior, this shouldn't happen.

With kind regards.
  • AirAir
    I have checked and template that was changed in version 1.6.3 is fame\woocommerce\cart\cart.php and thing that changed is that we removed line 144
    <?php woocommerce_cart_totals(); ?>. Same did woocommerce in it original template.

And that would be all changes in woocommerce templates between versions 1.6.2 and 1.6.3

With kind regards.