Before you ask please READ THIS

[SOLVED] Double title tag

edited May 2015 in Hypershot Posts: 3
Hi all, I'm new to the forum, even though I'm using Hypershot since September 2014 as I've seen many and many templates for Wordpress and in the end I've totally fallen in love for this one.

Unfortunately, my first post here is about an issue I happened to have now that I have updated to Wordpress 4.2.1 and Hypershot 1.9.4. The double title tag ("Dario Toledo | Photo GalleryDario Toledo | Photo Gallery" in my specific case).

I have googled for it and found topics from 2011 to 2013 which seemed to point at Yoast SEO as the troublemaker, but I'm not using Yoast at all, and besides I have tried disabling all of my plugins, still having that problem.
Then I switched from child theme to the former Hypershot, still that double title.
Then switched to another theme (twenty-fifteen) and it correctly showed me the title.

I have to guess it is the template, or maybe I'm wrong. Hope you will suggest me any solutions to this.

Other info: when in pages other than Home the title changes to "About me | Dario ToledoDario Toledo", "Fashion | Dario ToledoDario Toledo" and so on.

Thanks in advance.
Post edited by DArt on

Comments

• AirAir
    Hello there:-)

I think I know what recent change could be causing this.
    Go to hypershot\advance\utilities.php scroll to end of file and remove this line
    add_filter( 'wp_title', 'a13_wp_title', 10, 2 );

It will fix the issue. Thanks for letting us know, I will add fix in update.

With kind regards.
    Man, that worked flawlessly.
    Thank you very much!