Before you ask please READ THIS

'People' plug-in seems to crash mobile site.

edited May 2015 in Chillout Posts: 13
Thanks for your theme, it has been a pleasure to work with except one thing - browsers (Tested Chrome, Safari) on mobile devices (tested with iPhone 4, iPhone 6/6+) will crash when trying to load the 'People' plug-in. I am using this plug-in to display water facts (as a flip card). I have left one section (Conserve) activated right now so you can test it.

site: lovecoloradowater.org/wordpress
password: Welcome1!

Comments

Hi,
    plese edit the page, find the row with 'Conserve' section and follow the instructions from the image I attached.
    scr.jpg
    1440 x 851 - 100K
    Remember to rate our theme if you like it ;)
    All the Best.
    OK, those changes have been made - sorry in a rush to get out of the office on Friday I didn't realize I still had the 'hide' option checked.
    Also, I've been trying to get around this problem by rebuilding the home page, so this page is where I left off that was causing mobile to crash:

http://lovecoloradowater.org/wordpress/crashing/
    WMKPeter said: Also, I've been trying to get around this problem by rebuilding the home page, so this page is where I left off that was causing mobile to crash:
    Are You reporting another issue?

All the Best.
    No, it is the same issue. It seems that if I have more than one 'People' plug-in activated on a page, it will crash on mobile.

I rolled back the site revisions to when there was just one 'People' carousel and it would not crash mobile, but when I added a separate 'People' plug-in, it causes the mobile site to crash.
    Ok, now i get it.
    I'll take a look at it. Please stay tuned.
    All the Best.
    Hi,
    there's a problem with getting any of mobile device/browser crashed with this page.
    Can You check again?
    All the Best.
    I ended up making a mobile fallback that hides some of the people widgets and that seemed to solve the stability issue. However, now there is a division that shows a portion of background image that I can't seem to get rid of, see screenshot.

Also attached is the code of the entire page.
    debug.jpg
    506 x 818 - 71K
    txt
    txt
    cww.txt
    The row You've marked has 100px of top and bottom padding values.
    Instead of padding You can use 'Empty space' element inside this column which will disappear in mobile devices.
    All the Best.
    Thanks! That worked :)