Before you ask please READ THIS

Button 2 not setting link

edited May 2015 in Blame Posts: 29

When I try and select a URL, the pop up works great, and I can select my page or post and it populates into the top box. When I click set-link, it never actually sets it. 

(on a side note, I have have updated to the lastest version, and all of the dropdowns cut text off, the only way to tell what is selected is by clicking on the item.)

button 2 no URL

Comments

• AirAir
    jkellerer said: I have have updated to the lastest version
    Latest version of what? Theme or visual composer? :-)

I have just tested it, and indeed it not works. It looks like in version 4.5.1 they fixed it. We will send you new builder version to your email so you could see if this fixes issue.

With kind regards.
    The button now works, after the visual composer update. The dropdowns still are all cut off.
  • AirAir
    Great :-)

About dropdowns they work good for me so it have to be issue with something else. Probably some plugin is inserting its styles there. Try deactivating other plugins and check if it will help.

With kind regards.
  • edited May 2015 Posts: 62
    Hi, I have the same issue but on the Fame theme :-/ could you send me the same file? it's the update of wpBakery visual composer right? Many thanks in advance for your help :-)
    Post edited by coris8 on
  • AirAir
    We will update themes soon, so they contain new builder, we just want to wait until new line of versions of VC will be stable.
    coris8 said: it's the update of wpBakery visual composer right
    Yes :-)

You should get e-mail soon :-)

With kind regards.
  • edited May 2015 Posts: 62
    Hi, thank you so much for your email with the new visual composer! We'v installed it but it seems that this version is not working properly: there is no more back end editor like before (see screenshot of how it looks like now) and a lot of elements are now missing, like the button 2 for instance (it says it's outdated too). Is it possible that the zip file was incomplete? maybe damaged through the email transfert? what can I do to fix the issue? Many thanks in advance for your help. Best
    screenshot-backend.jpg
    900 x 560 - 120K
    screenshot-button2.jpg
    705 x 706 - 89K
    Post edited by coris8 on
  • AirAir
    edited May 2015 Posts: 10,970
    coris8 said: there is no more back end editor like before (see screenshot of how it looks like now) and a lot of elements are now missing
    Try deactivating theme, and also visual composer, and then activated it again. I saw this issue many times and it gets tricky sometimes.
    coris8 said: like the button 2 for instance (it says it's outdated too)
    Yes, VC is removing some slowly troublesome and redundant elements, so it will work better in future.
    coris8 said: Is it possible that the zip file was incomplete? maybe damaged through the email transfert? what can I do to fix the issue?
    Don't worry, if it would be broken, you will not be able to even unzip it :-)

With kind regards.
    Post edited by Air on
    Hi, thank you for your fast reply. I'v tried what you said but when I try to deactivate Visual Composer, I get this error message:

Fatal error: Class 'Vc_Grid_Item_Editor' not found in /home/www/8c3ad516378bd1dbc1c98255bca74a4f/web/wp/wp-content/plugins/js_composer/include/autoload/vc-grid-item-editor.php on line 254

:-/

Any clue?
  • AirAir
    Unfortunately not. If you like I can take a look.

Could you please send me temporary access(create new ADMIN account with fake e-mail) to your WP and FTP so I could check there what is going on? Send it here on forum via private message(click on my nick and there you will find option "Send Air a Message"). In message please attach LINK(!!!) to topic it applies to.

With kind regards.