Before you ask please READ THIS

Loading taking forever to apply changes

edited May 2015 in Adamant Posts: 12
Hi there,

I just downloaded your theme and am on a tight deadline to create my new website. I am having a huge problem with the changes taking a good 10 minutes+ to load any time I made a change and save it. For instance, there is still a background image on the site even though I deleted it and created a white background about 15 minutes ago. Also, when I use visual composer to add elements on the frontend editor, nothing shows when I click "save". Is there a reason that none of this is working? It says I add an element and yet the page never actually makes any of the changes.

I'd really appreciate your help as timely as possible!! Thanks!

Comments

Also..I downloaded the demo content, but can't find it anywhere. I would like to change my header to be a slider image... but I do not see an option to insert one when editing the page. Thanks!
    Please provide me an url to your website.
    Remember to rate our theme if you like it ;)
    All the Best.
    Hi Surgeon,

We just got off of support with our hosting service, as we were unable to access our site for hours. They believe it was because the theme we were using (Adament) was bad and reset it to a default for us to gain access again. Unfortunately, while I think you have a great looking theme, we simply don't have the time for these kinds of delays, as we are on a very strict deadline and losing very important time. How can I go about getting a refund for this theme? I am happy to provide any information you need, as we need this resolved as quickly as possible.
    Thank you
    Hi,
    of course You can write to ThemeForest.
    https://help.market.envato.com/hc/en-us/
    You need to create a ticket here:
    https://help.market.envato.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

and we as author (Apollo13) agree on refund.

But still we encourage You to take a few moments and try to establish what is wrong with Adamant working slowly on your hosting.
    We didn't have any issues with Adamant itself, and I'm quite sure we can find a solution.
    All the Best.
    Hi there,

We wound up using another theme to get our site up and running last month, but since we never wound up requesting the refund we were hoping to use this theme for a different site instead. Would you still be able to help us figure out why we were/are having trouble with the changes taking 5-10 minutes to load?

Thank you!
    Hi,
    I'm eager to help You, but I still don't have url address of your website.
    All the Best.
    the site we now want to use it on is bonniestoppings.com but we have a Coming Soon page displayed. I will PM you the log in information.

Thanks
    Hi,
    this is quite raw installation, isn't it? There's no required plugins installed, and already there are few extra plugins.
    No content inside the pages. And rather smooth server response.
    So please describe the problem at http://bonniestoppings.com or add some content, disable extra plugins, install required plugins and then report the problem.

All the Best.
    Hi there,

Our apologies. We had been using a different theme before deciding to go with Adamant, so all of the required plugins should be in there now. It is taking less time now to load, but we are still having some trouble. For instance, there is a space below the header and before our content starts on the home page. (see attached image). We'd also still love to fix the issue with the changes not immediately loading.

Also, we centered the navigation bar, but can we have the header logo centered as well instead of aligned to the left?

Thank you.
    Screen Shot 2015-06-24 at 12.41.07 PM.png
    2560 x 1600 - 4M
    Hello!
    1. I added 'navigation menu anchor' shortcode to this page: http://bonniestoppings.com/sample-page/ and it loads quite well. Please look at this page in admin panel and desing other pages in the same way. Just add another row with this shortcode to point where the navigation bar should be.

2. You should not use images that big inside the Slider, one is over 3 MB.
    3. I have an impression that the server response is not the best.

I think that to be sure we need to run some external audits, and to do that we need to have a fully design page with 'comming soon' mode disabled so the testing services could have access to your website.
    All the Best.
    Hi,

Thanks for your help. We will be turning the site live and disabling the Coming Soon page within the next week - perhaps we could do the testing then. Unfortunately, the person we are helping with the site is using a hosting service that doesn't seem to be great, which I think may be part of the problem/slowness.

Really appreciate all of your help so far & will be sure to reach out if we encounter any problems!

Thanks.