Before you ask please READ THIS

Use extra post types as regular blog posts

I have made an extra post type. I want to have that post type behave just like the regular blog posts. (the settings to configure on a post detail page and add a list page with a new template that displays the posts just like the regular blog page) Do you have any suggestions how to create this in de child theme? All the help is greatly appreciated, Thanks.

Comments

• AirAir
    Hi there:-)

Can I ask why do you need to create new post type when you need same functions as regular post?
    I ask cause maybe we can find easier solution using current things.

For sure to make it behave and look like regular posts will be longer thread of trial and error, and I don't have any precise instruction to do it.

First thing that comes to my mind is, that for list of such post you will have to add posts-list class to body. But before we go in details please answer me above question:-)

With kind regards.
  • Hey,

For this website i want a blog feed. With categories, tags etc. Separate from the blogs and albums I want a references page. My client can then add references just like regular posts but they end up on there own references page with categories only for the references.

I think I found an easier solution!

I grouped the regular album categories in a portfolio category. Then added a references category with sub categories. I changed the menu links to custom links with /genre/references/. This way my client can create regular albums and references separate from each other with there own categories. :)

Awesome theme! ;)
    Keep up the good work!
  • AirAir
    If that works you then great! I am very happy.

Btw can you start topic about these issues with customizer? I am very interested what exactly is happening in your case.

With kind regards.
  • Hey, what do you mean with your last question? Starting topic about these issues with customizer?
  • AirAir
    I mean this comment of yours http://themeforest.net/item/photon-fullscreen-photography-wordpress-theme/11543656/comments#comment_10152274
    I would like to investigate what is going on, but first I need more details.

With kind regards.