Before you ask please READ THIS

Parser error

in Photon Posts: 2
Hi,
I installed the Photon Theme, hostet at 1&1 WP.
Now I want to install the Demo-Data and but it doesn´t work.
If I use the Single Button Import it shows "Request failed: Parsererror", when it comes to downloading the content.

If I thake tha manual way with Tools-> Import Data ->Import "photonimport.wordpress.2015-05-25" it doesn´t work either.
It installed some media I guess, but it doesnt show the demo
Can you help me? Thanks
Lars

Comments

• AirAir
    Hello there:-)

Sound like issues with server setup. I don't think I can easily fix it, but first I would like to take a look.

Could you please send me temporary access(create new ADMIN account with fake e-mail) to your WP so I could check there what is going on? Send it here on forum via private message(click on my nick and there, in top-right corner, you will find option "Message"). In message please attach LINK(!!!) to topic it applies to.

With kind regards.
    Thanks a lot for your answer.
    You were right, I tried a different Hosting-Service and it worked wonderfully smooth, so it´s a 1&1-issue.
  • AirAir
    Great :-) I will try to setup account there and see what is going on.

With kind regards.
  • was there a solution to this problem? getting the same "Request failed: Parsererror" message when trying to import demo content in Thirteen-Theme... don't want to double-post
  • AirAir
    Hello @faba
    Are you also hosting your site on 1and1 servers? We didn't find solution for their server configuration yet.

With kind regards.
  • yes - seems to be a strange behavior of the 1and1 servers. just set up a local installation and it worked fine. time to change hosting service ...