Before you ask please READ THIS

Theme customizer doesn't save all changes

Hey there,

I came across as issue with the theme customizer. After saving the options, only the first change was actually saved. The others are not visible on the front-end and are reversed after a page refresh.

I can send a temporary admin login via a private message.

To reproduce the issue follow these steps:
- Go to theme -> customize
- Global layout -> logo
- Change the "Logo text color"
- Change the "Text in your logo"
- Save & Publish
- Go to front-end to see that only the color has changed

Comments

• AirAir
    HI there:-)

Thanks for detailed description. I have followed your instructions but it worked just fine for me.

Could you please send me temporary access(create new ADMIN account with fake e-mail) to your WP so I could check there what is going on? Send it here on forum via private message(click on my nick, in top-right corner you will find option "Message"). In message please attach LINK(!!!) to topic it applies to.

Maybe you can capture fast video about it?

With kind regards.
  • AirAir
    edited June 2015 Posts: 10,970
    Hello again.

I have messed around with deactivating plugins and I found out that it is WPML plugin that blocks saving more then one option at time via customizer. Deactivating WPML Multilingual CMS solves issue. I will search what exactly is happening.

Mentioned also here, point 3 http://wpexplorer-themes.com/total/docs/troubleshooting-customizer/

EDIT:
    I have tried to recreate same issue on default WP theme, and it worked fine with WPML. So it might be connected to theme finally. I will work further on it. For now either deactivate WPML while working with Cusomizer or save one option at time.

With kind regards.
    Post edited by Air on
  • Thanks for your replys! Hope you can find a solution. :)
    I changed all the customizer changes one by one before this discussion. So I don't need it to work wright away.
    Thanks again!
  • AirAir
    edited June 2015 Posts: 10,970
    5 hours of digging and I found nothing:-S

I don't know if it is memory problem when WPML is active, or some special condition, cause as I found only options from Global Layout has this problem. I am out of ideas, and customizer is not easy to debug.

I am not happy with this result.
    Post edited by Air on
  • That's unfortunate to hear.. I can understand the frustration! Don't worry, a solution will come! :)
    If I can find some time I can try some debugging myself. But I only use Wordpress for the smaller projects so I don't have that much experience with the core files.
    I have the feeling that we'll come back to this discussion at some point. ;)
  • AirAir
    String translation option from WPML was causing this, as we add logo text and footer texts to things that could be translated. By this, it "Attacked" whole Global Layout options and there something gone wrong while saving options. I would like to avoid digging in WPML plugin to find out what exactly is wrong:-)

Anyway, we could remove this "translations" from configuration file, but this is not good solution.

But for anyone that will face this issue, I advise to switch off WPML for time of changes in theme settings, and activate it again after changes in customizer are done.

Maybe WPML update will fix it, or I will have to be the one to dig it out and report to them :-)
  • Haha, nice timing! Thanks!