Before you ask please READ THIS

Separate Home/Landing page that loads specifically for mobile sizes

in Chillout Posts: 54
Hi Apollo,

Is it possible to create a "2nd Home page" that loads specifically on mobile screens only?

Currently our mobile/responsive layout has been done, by reformatting/reflowing the existing layout in the css to flow according to the device screen width. We don't think this works for our site very well on mobile, and would like to consider creating a separate/different landing/home page that displays for mobile only (Something that looks more like an App). Maybe something that is like an accordion/drop down style for each section/row in our current one page site.

Can we do this by creating a new page and designing/laying it out like how we want for mobile?
Im just not sure - how/where would I implement making this work to target only specific screen sizes?
Would I need to add some kind of function/script to target this action?

Thank you for your continued support.

Mandy
www.pmngroup.com/wordpress

Comments

Remember to rate our theme if you like it ;)
    All the Best.
    Great thank you for the link, it is a very interesting read and am excited to make this work.
    I am however - a bit confused by the variety of options. 1. detectmobilebrowsers, 2. Mobile-Detect, 3. wp_is_mobile

I have very limited/basic php/javascript understanding/knowledge.
    In your opinion which of the above three options is the simplest and best route to use with the Chillout theme?
    Well... I didn't try any of those.
    The Mobile-Detect version is awarded one, so try this one.
    Remember to rate our theme if you like it ;)
    All the Best.
    Hi Apollo,

Just a quick follow up to share on this discussion..
    Thanks for your advice with this, Mobile-detect did look like a good option - but i found the Mobile-detect from git-hub quite confusing. I couldn't seem to understand where/how to implement it, and very little docs (unless i wasn't looking in the right place). Found this simple plugin instead, which lets you redirect to a url when mobile device is detected. There is also option to switch off for tablets.

Equivalent Mobile Redirect plugin
    which uses the http://mobiledetect.net/ library.

So far seems to work ok with our site.