Before you ask please READ THIS

Issue with android mobile view

in Chillout Posts: 54
Hi Apollo,

Would it be possible help us with a glitch we are having with viewing our site on Android?
When the site is viewed on a Samsung S4 mini, the header behaves very strangely. (Was unable to upload a video, says file type not allowed - see attached screen shots instead.) As you can see our logo, and header pulls away from the top.
the header section and logo is set to position: fixed/ absolute.

I have tested it on a regular Samsung Galaxy S4, and it behaves as it should. Both samsung are running android version 4.4.2 (Kitkat). its also works fine on iPhone.

Do you have any advice?

Thanks,
Mandy
www.pmngroup.com/wordpress
(redirects to www.pmngroup.com/wordpress/mobile-home when viewed on a phone device)
Screen Shot 2015-06-10 at 12.40.07.png
316 x 564 - 139K
Screen Shot 2015-06-10 at 12.40.22.png
311 x 555 - 169K
Screen Shot 2015-06-10 at 12.40.34.png
307 x 557 - 163K
Screen Shot 2015-06-10 at 12.40.51.png
303 x 554 - 176K
Screen Shot 2015-06-10 at 12.41.05.png
307 x 553 - 159K

Comments

Please upload the video file somewhere in the internet and send me an url to it.
    Remember to rate our theme if you like it ;)
    All the Best.
    Hi Surgeon, I have inboxed you the video link.

Would you also have any insight as to why - now when you click the menu items in the nav bar instead of just scrolling nicely to the anchor link below, they open the redirected mobile device url?
    I think this issue is somehow connected with positioning. I tested on new LG smartphone, and I can reproduce this issue only on generic android internet browser, Chrome shows no glitches.
    Mandy said: Would you also have any insight as to why - now when you click the menu items in the nav bar instead of just scrolling nicely to the anchor link below, they open the redirected mobile device url?
    I can't reproduce this issue, are You sure You have used different Navigation Anchors for mobile homepage?
    All the Best.
    Regarding the nav anchors, I only get this issue when viewing the site on desktop. it works fine on mobile.
    I replicated the desktop home page to create the mobile redirect page (just re-styled it). So the existing anchors from the original desktop home page were still in place. Do you think having two different menus for the two pages will solve this issue?

Do you have any advice on how I can fix the android glitch?
    I will look at the positioning again and see if I can effect any changes with that.
    Hi,
    separate menu for each home-page is certanly good solution. Best plugin for this task: https://wordpress.org/plugins/menu-swapper/

Mandy said: Do you have any advice on how I can fix the android glitch?
    I will look at the positioning again and see if I can effect any changes with that.
    it was my assumption, I'm not sure if I'm right or wrong about this.
    At the moment I have no spare time to take this custom work on my workshop, sorry.
    All the Best.
    No problem, thanks very much for all that you have been able to do. It is very much appreciated.
    the support from Apollo has been brilliant thus far.
    Hi Surgeon,
    Changing the positioning of header and my logo div from fixed to absolute did the trick on the Android internet browser glitch I was having.
    Good to here that!
    All the Best.