Before you ask please READ THIS

Updated to the newest release, row background in VC not showing up

I'm having some strange issues with the backgrounds that are applied to rows not showing up. I can see they are loaded however they are not positioned correctly. URL with the newest updates is http://dev.ppsbend.com

Comments

• AirAir
    Hello there:-)

I have checked and for me it looks ok, Also tested on my installation. If you like you can upload this config file(unzip it first) to superior\advance\plugins\js_composer_mod as I have fixed some conflicts with changes that was made in VC 4.5.x

For your main issue - please show me on screen shot what image is moved and where it should be.

With kind regards.
    zip
    zip
    config.zip
  • It looks OK to you? I have checked it in 3 browsers and it appears the same in each one. Attached is the screenshot showing that the background "shattered.jpg" is not there. If I look at the developer tools I can see all the background images that are used on 3 different rows behind the slider at the very top. I will install this config file and see what happens. Appreciate your support on this.
    Screen Shot 2015-06-11 at 8.00.43 AM.png
    3104 x 1970 - 2M
    SHOULD LOOK LIKE THIS.png
    3104 x 1970 - 3M
  • Loaded the config file, no change. It looks like a CSS error?
  • AirAir
    MakeMeCards said: It looks OK to you?
    Sorry but I didn't know how it looked before and I thought we are talking about "monitor" image.

I can see, that cause of fluid columns, row have no height and that is why background is not visible. I don't know if content need to be refreshed, or it is just wrong styling in VC.

You can try such custom CSS however and see if it wont break other pages:
    .vc_row-fluid::after{
    content: " ";
    display: table;
    clear: both;
    }
    With kind regards.
  • AirAir
    OK I see real issue. You lack proper a13_sc.css file. You probably have wrong plugin activated.
    You have to activate Apollo13 Superior Post Types
    And remove plugin Apollo13 Shortcodes.

With kind regards.
  • Ok, that did fix it. I am also having issues with LayerSlider after upgrading PHP. Any word on this at all? Running version 5.4.41, LayerSlider plugin says that it needs a license or purchase code to update.
  • AirAir
    MakeMeCards said: I am also having issues with LayerSlider after upgrading PHP. Any word on this at all?
    What kind of problems?
    MakeMeCards said: LayerSlider plugin says that it needs a license or purchase code to update.
    Plugin is bundled with theme, so unless you buy separate license for this plugin, you have to stick to theme updates that contains plugins(that are bundled with theme) updates. Read more http://support.apollo13.eu/discussion/2903/activate-layerslider-wp

With kind regards.
  • I'm getting error Parse error: syntax error, unexpected 'text' (T_STRING) and then when I disable the LayerSlider plugin the pages load. But when it is activated the site only loads the header with no navigation.
  • Just an update on this problem, I have reason to believe that it is a permissions settings issue that happened during a server update.
  • AirAir
    Hello.

No one ever reported such issue with layer slider, however I know there were issues with Layer slider conflicting visual composer. I don't know if these plugins authors have solved this issue, but you can check if enabling LS and disabling VC "solves" this problem.

With kind regards.
  • It was a permissions issue on our end after our server update. Thanks for your reply, all is working well. The config file that was posted earlier in this thread fixed the original issue.
  • AirAir
    MakeMeCards said: The config file that was posted earlier in this thread fixed the original issue.
    Good to know, it will be also added in update.

With kind regards.