Before you ask please READ THIS

CeeVee doesn't work on any iOS Device (only iOS 8) or Android PLUS Problems with older Browsers,

in CeeVee Posts: 13
Hi! I'm having problems with many mobile devices and older browsers. I tested fresh CeeVee installations (including your demo) on iPhones running iOS 4,5,6,7,8 and only iOS8 displays the website. (And even here it runs quite bumpy…) All other devices only display the logo and footer but no content. Also the website is displayed incorrectly or not at all on older Browsers like Safari and FF. I'm aware that it is impossible to support all older browsers and devices but any device running iOS 7 (iOS8 came out 8 months ago) is excluded at this point. The same goes for Android devices – a friend has an Samsung Phone (don't know model or os, but about 8 months old) and it also has problems with CeeVee,
Could you offer an solution to that? Thanks and best regards!

Comments

please post me an url to your website
    Remember to rate our theme if you like it ;)
    All the Best.
    bubik-coaching.at I have a child-theme installed, but that isn't causing any problems. ( I disabled it – problems stayed the same)
    Here are all the plugins: exept one there are only plugins installed by CeeVee. I deactivated "Limit Login Attempts" and again – everything stayed the same)
    screen.jpg
    949 x 861 - 411K
    Here is a screenshot from iOS 7.1.2 – it looks the same on all versions of iOS down to iOS4 (I quit testing at that point)
    It also looks like this on an iPhone 5s running anything below iOS8.
    iPhone 7.1.2.jpg
    640 x 960 - 76K
    This is an older version of Safari (I need to look up the exact version – but it's not "out of use" old)
    I think there is a problem with the calc() function?
    safari.jpg
    800 x 465 - 165K
    Could You please send me a version number of Safari browser from last screenshot?
    All the Best.
  • edited June 2015 Posts: 13
    I did some testing:

Website doesn't work correctly (things such as: arrows not aligned at top:50%)

Safari 4.0.5
    Safari 5.0.5
    Safari 5.1.9
    Safari 6.0.5
    Windows Phone 8.1

Website doesn't work at all:

Galaxy S5 / Android 4.4
    iOS 4
    iOS 5
    iOS 6
    iOS 7
    iPad 4 / iOS 7
    W7 / Internet Explorer 8 (huge css problems!)
    W7 / Internet Explorer 9 (even bigger problems)

Website works:

Safari 6.1
    Nexus 6 / Android 5
    Nexus 5 / Android 5
    iPhone 6 / iOS 8
    W7 / Internet Explorer 10 (works but quite slow)
    W8 / Internet Explorer 10 (works but quite slow)
    W10 / Internet Explorer 11
    Post edited by 18594518 on
  • AirAir
    OFFTOPIC:
    @18594518 You have some great testing kit. How do you manage this? Do you have access to some "devices lab"?

With kind regards.
    18594518 said: Galaxy S5 / Android 4.4
    What browser? Generic Android browser or Chrome?
    All the Best.
    Hi Air: I don't have a device lab – but I know a punch of people with different and especially older devices (read: dad,…) I have an iMac, iPhone 6, iPad Air, iPad 4 (iOS7) and a windows machine for gaming. Additionally I have access to an iPhone 5, iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS, MacMini Server, MacBook Pro Retina, a very old MacBook Pro, Macbook Air and others (they don't belong to me – this are devices from friends and family)

Also I used some virtual machines with different OS, Xcode simulator and last but not least I used my a browserstack account that gave me access to some older operating systems as well.

Some of my test may or my not be as good as others, since I ran them on virtual machines or simulators (like xcode). But most of them where real life devices with real life operating systems and real life website issues. Therefore I think it is safe to say that the current version of the theme has some issues that need to be fixed.

I hope I have answered your question.

Surgeon: The Android Galaxy S5 belongs to a college from work and I tested it with the generic Android Browser.
    Could you give me an update? Will you be able to fix this? Kind regards !
    Hello,
    as for IOS: we assume that users want to update IOS and it's quite odd that user wth iPhone 4 would want to not update ISO to version 9.
    Anyway we do not support older versions of IOS.
    Similar situation is with older versions of Safari browser as it is an internal part of Apple system (Safari for Windows OS is not supported).

But the IE9 and generic Android browser - that's the problem, and I'm going to fix that ASAP.
    Please stay tuned. I'll let You know when the update is ready.
    All the Best.
  • AirAir
    18594518 said: I hope I have answered your question.
    Thanks for answer, you have very good resources :-)
    surgeon said: as for IOS: we assume that users want to update IOS and it's quite odd that user wth iPhone 4 would want to not update ISO to version 9.
    It is not odd at all, as new version on IOS usually need much more resources, so device run slower when updated. However this is classic issue, should we support IE 4 cause there still some guys running Windows 98 on Celeron 500Mhz ?:-)

Browser on IOS 6 was pretty good, but still with big issues like not working proper with "position: fixed" which is now days huge deal. However main layout should work proper there, and I think it is worth to investigate why it doesn't.

With kind regards.

Anyway we do not support older versions of IOS.

You don't support iOS 7? You can't be serious. There is a ton of people out there who use iOS7 and yes they will eventually upgrade but until that happens they're unable to view my website. I'm not talking about Win98 or IE4. I'm talking about a mobile operating system that was released 8 months ago!

• AirAir
    18594518 said: You don't support iOS 7? You can't be serious.
    I believe surgeon meant versions like below 6. Like I said above layout should work on IOS 6 and above pretty well so he should investigate, what is interfering there. My IE 4 reference was only about oooold devices that people still use:-)

Don't worry 18594518, we will find solution for that.

With kind regards.
    Hi Air, thanks for your reply – that's good news!
    Hello.
    Just to inform You about the work progress: as your friend's hardware spectrum is much wider than one of mine - it'll take some time to find out what's wrong. I'll deliver systematic updates on this.
    All the Best.
    Hi,
    I've found the problem, solved it.
    New version of CeeVee theme is available to download from ThemeForest.
    Please remember of updating all the plugins bundled with the theme.
    All the Best.
    Hi surgeon, thanks for the update and quick fix!

There still are a few problems:

1) It won't work
    on a Galaxy S3 on Android 4.1 (generic browser)*
    on a Nexus 4 on Android 4.2 (generic browser)**
    on a Razr Maxx HD on Android 4.1 (generic browser)**

* tested on a real device
    ** tested using browserstack – in my experience the emulator represents the results of a real device.

2) It won't work very well in landscape mode or portrait mode on small screens (picture shows a iPhone 4 / iOS 7.1.2)*
    Is there a way to reduce the size of the Header and footer area? I think that's that can be done using css?
    Even on a Galaxy Note 3** the tiles are very small in height in landscape mode.

Foto 1.PNG
    640 x 960 - 47K