Before you ask please READ THIS

Product list image (on retina) issue

in Fame Posts: 14
Hey there,

Me again for my daily post ^^

I just saw that when I display a product list the image appears kind of blurry on retina display as well as on normal screen it is not really sharp.. The problem doesn't happen when I show the single product page (even if the single product page image is bigger on screen...). Any idea of what it could be?

www.tomedmonton.com

Thanks in advance;
katsele

Comments

• AirAir
    edited June 2015 Posts: 10,970
    Hello:-)

For me it looks pretty nice on both, retina and normal screen. Normal for Web, just to explain.

Possible is that cause image resize it is getting blur. You can try to make less columns and see if it will be better.
    Now you have 350x420px image displayed in 177x212px space(on desktop computer). Thanks to this it looks OK on many devices and various resolutions, but you may want to experiment.

Also there is case of WP compression when making thumbnails. You can find plugins that changes this compression level, but you will have to rebuild thumbnails after it. For example for rebuild you can use http://apollo13.eu/docs/fame/#!/plugins_recommendations_rebuliding_thumbnails

With kind regards.
    Post edited by Air on
    Thanks for your answer Air,

I have a noticeable difference between the single product page and the multiple reference page. Please check out below. I tried the Retina plugin but it doesn't seem to work for my problem. I'll try what you sent my and get back to you.
    IMG_1401.PNG
    750 x 1334 - 534K
    IMG_1400.PNG
    750 x 1334 - 498K
  • AirAir
    I have checked in iPad and you say about iphone. In that case difference is big indeed.

In that case I would advice to increase size of catalog image, and then rebuild thumbnails. However retina plugin should help in that case(if used in correct way), strange.
    Anyway try increasing this:

With kind regards.
    ss-2015-06-16_16-51-24.png
    961 x 871 - 96K
  • edited June 2015 Posts: 14
    As usual, very useful, it works! :)

Thank you very much
    katsele
    Post edited by katsele on
  • AirAir
    Thanks for coffee!