Before you ask please READ THIS

Theme install failed

edited August 2015 in Photon Posts: 29
I've tried installing your newest theme both ways, using 'add new' install theme, as well as the envato toolkit and both read me out the same error message, saying theme install failed. I'd like to update your theme. Here is the text:

------------------
Installing Theme: Photon | Fullscreen Photography Wordpress Theme 1.1.2

Downloading install package from the Envato API…

Unpacking the package…

Installing the theme…

Destination folder already exists. /hermes/bosweb26b/b1807/ipg.zenpanda/zenpanda/wp-content/themes/photon-a13/

Theme install failed.
Post edited by zenpanda on

Comments

• AirAir
    Hello there:-)

It looks like envato plugin has problems with premissions on your server. Please update theme standard way like explained here http://apollo13.eu/docs/photon/#!/installation_update_update_theme

With kind regards.
    Same error message if I go that route too. Theme install failed. ?
    I really want to update for some of the new changes
  • AirAir
    Are you sure you have used Use of Easy Theme and Plugin Upgrades plugin?
    If yes then your server is blocking wordpress from operations on directories what doesn't sound good.

Please remove theme by FTP, and uplaod new version.

With kind regards.
    Yes this resolved my issue with this. Thank you for your help. I read over this part in the manual. I didn't realize it needed the plugin to upgrade as the window and options are in wordpress as such. Final question regarding this, does upgrading the theme, or deleting the theme and reinstalling the theme, erase my data, photos, descriptions, albums, contact info all that? Thanks
  • AirAir
    zenpanda said: I read over this part in the manual. I didn't realize it needed the plugin to upgrade as the window and options are in wordpress as such.
    So have you read it or not? Cause there is clearly written it needs plugin for such operation:-)
    zenpanda said: Final question regarding this, does upgrading the theme, or deleting the theme and reinstalling the theme, erase my data, photos, descriptions, albums, contact info all that? Thanks
    As I explained in documentation You wont loose your theme settings.. Rest what you ask is not part of theme, but of your site(wordpress), so you also wont lose it while changing, removing theme.

With kind regards.