Before you ask please READ THIS

Related albums for blog posts

in Photon Posts: 2
Hello,

First of all, thank you for this wonderful theme, it is just what I need.

I would like to add a "Related albums" section to my blog posts, but I don't want it to be automatic; I want to manually select the albums I want to link to my post.

Before starting to do it by myself, I would like to ask you if it's possible you integrate such a feature in this theme. I think it would be a great new option for this theme.

Comments

• AirAir
    Hello there:-)

I understand idea and somehow use case of it. However I don't see how it can be connected to theme design.

Where it should be displayed? In sidebar? if yes, then you will have to create custom sidebar for each post, what doesn't sound very comfortable.

I would like to hear more details about this idea.

With kind regards.
  • edited August 2015 Posts: 2
    Well the idea is just to have a section at the bottom of the post to display one or more albums with thumbnails (just above the signature of the author for instance), just as it appears in the albums page but with smaller size.

And you would select the related albums while editing the post.

I think it requires to update template but I'm not sure. Maybe you have a better idea that would allow me to do that without updating any existing templates?
    By using custom properties for posts and developing a shortcode or something it looks easy but a fully integrated feature would be better :D
    Post edited by Mike109 on
  • AirAir
    You are adding new functionality - it requires lot of changes in various places. Of course you could print final result by filter but this is least of your problems on the way.

I would like to see bigger interest in such function, cause now it will look like I do it specially just for your wish :-)

I will keep in mind your idea however:-)

With kind regards.