Before you ask please READ THIS

Pingback

edited August 2012 in Spaceship Posts: 25
Alright, this one really has got me. For some reason, a pingback on a post breaks the individual post page:the sidebar falls below the post page and the footer text is now at the top and unstyled. Comments don't seem to have the same effect. When I unapprove the pingback, everything goes back to normal, but when it's approved, the page goes all over the place.
approved.png
1043 x 797 - 85K
no_pingback.png
797 x 853 - 430K

Comments

• AirAir
    This seems like some unclosed HTML tag. If you could post link to live example I would diagnose this even faster, but will try to find it anyway:-)

With regards.
  • AirAir

I think I know what is going on. Please edit advance/apollo13.php line~2016

find:

case 'pingback'  :
                case 'trackback' :
            ?>
                <div class="comment-inside clearfix">
                    <p><?php _fe( 'Pingback:' ); ?> <?php comment_author_link(); ?><?php edit_comment_link( '(' . __fe( 'Edit' ) . ')', ' ' ); ?></p>
                </div>

change to:

case 'pingback'  :
                case 'trackback' :
            ?>
            <div <?php comment_class( 'comment-block' ); ?> id="comment-<?php comment_ID(); ?>">
                <div class="comment-inside clearfix">
                    <p><?php _fe( 'Pingback:' ); ?> <?php comment_author_link(); ?><?php edit_comment_link( '(' . __fe( 'Edit' ) . ')', ' ' ); ?></p>
                </div>

Please let me know if that fixed this, cause for now i have troubles with generating ping :/

With regards.

Fixed! Thanks so much!
  • AirAir
    Thanks for info. So it is fixed in 1.1 version:-)