Before you ask please READ THIS

Visual Composer Custom Short-codes broke

in Blame Posts: 29
Hi I have 2 custom shortcodes that I added to the visual composer that are no longer working. The did work up until when I recently updated the blame theme.

The settings under My shortcode did not change, and it allows me to create it "like normal, but it does not save the values. If I click classic editor to inspect the shortcodes, it just prints the [gcal] with none of the parameters. it should look more like this based upon what I set up: [gcal id="2218" interval="events,days" interval_count="3" display="list"]

Comments

• AirAir
    Hello there:-)

I don't think it is any change in Blame theme that is causing it, but you can test with default wordpress theme to confirm it.

I suspect there is some issue in VC, as usual :-) They have just released new version 4.7, so I will email it to you, and you will test if this solves your issue.

We didn't test it yet with Blame theme, so I am not ready to release it as regular update.

With kind regards.
    Hello Jkellerer

Check your inbox. I sent you the latest version of the Visual Composer.

With Regards
    Daniel
    Lead Graphic Designer
  • Thanks for sending that,but that did not help.I also tested it with the default 2015 wordpress theme, so it is not related to the blame theme. Looks like it might be a VC issue. Any ideas on how to get my short-codes working again?

Thanks,
  • AirAir
    Can you paste what shortcode you passed in "Shortcode string" when adding your shortcode to VC? Then I could check does it work for me. Maybe try to remap it again?

With kind regards.
    ss.png
    474 x 360 - 15K
  • This is the shortcode I used:
    [gravityform id=1 title=false description=false ajax=true tabindex=49]

For more info on the use of this shortcode please see here: https://www.gravityhelp.com/documentation/article/shortcodes/
  • AirAir
    Maybe it is cause gravity forms are supported natively in Visual Composer, and you should use their built in element for it, instead of mapping this shortcode.

Have you tried it?

With kind regards.
  • I did not know Gravity forms had native functionality. How do I activate that?

On a side note, I have other shortcodes that also do not work. Here is another one:
    [gcal id="2218" interval="events" interval_count="3" display="list"]
    This is the plugin: https://wordpress.org/plugins/google-calendar-events/
  • AirAir
    How to activate : http://apollo13.eu/docs/fame/#!/activate_builder_options

About your second shortcode - have you tried remap it in new version?

With kind regards.
  • I deleted the short-code and re-entered it into the system. It did not help. I Simplified the shortcode to see if it would help. [gcal id"2218" ]

I think I found the problem. I set the default id in the map shortcode. If I remove the default, then it wills save it. My problem was that my default answer was the thing I needed to save.

Thanks
  • AirAir
    I think I can't help you with that as this too deep in Visual composer.

However if you can could you please send me temporary access(create new ADMIN account with fake e-mail) to your WP so I could check there what is going on? Send it here on forum via private message(click on my nick, in top-right corner you will find option "Message"). In message please attach LINK to topic it applies to.

Send me also link to page where you use this shortcode.

I will take a look inside your page what might be going on.

With kind regards.
  • Hi air,

What I was saying is that it is fixed. Sorry I was not obvious. I don't mind about the little bug. It is almost certainly VC's issue.

The fix I was letting you know, was to ensure that when creating a custom Shortcode inside is to not set the default value to be the same value that you could possibly use. If it is the same the system does not realize it should save it as a new value and ignores it.

Thanks for your help.
  • AirAir
    Thanks for info, now I know more:-)

I am happy it is solved!

With kind regards.