Before you ask please READ THIS

Sliders Disappeared

First of all, BEAUTIFUL theme, love it!! I had the demo content loaded and everything working. Then when I changed my photos, all the sliders stopped working. How do I turn them back on? See www.candaceperry.com; all you can see right now is the portfolio slide. :( Appreciate your help!!

Comments

Hello,
    candacenicole said: First of all, BEAUTIFUL theme, love it!!
    I'm glad to hear that! ;)

As for the issue You're facing: there's a '
    ' element inside the '' located in footer, it can be hardcoded in footer.php file or entered in CeeVee options >> Layout >> Footer >> Copyright text.
    This one element causes the crash of the etire website.
    Remember to rate our theme if you like it ;)
    All the Best.
  • edited September 2015 Posts: 21
    Oh wow that's crazy! I don't know what I messed up...where is the extra ' ?
    Post edited by candacenicole on
  • Nevermind, I just saw there's a reset section box, I'm going to use it. :)

One last question - is there a way to change which lightbox is being used to display the photos? I want to install one that's more mobile friendly. :)

Thank you for the help! :)
    candacenicole said: is there a way to change which lightbox is being used to display the photos? I want to install one that's more mobile friendly. :)
    There's no such option, but it can be done by a programmer as a custom job.
    OR
    It can be done by us if we consider this change as a good one ;)
    which lightbox is better in your opinion?
    All the Best.
  • I haven't been able to try either of these yet but these are the ones I was looking at installing, both are free:
    https://wordpress.org/plugins/wp-jquery-lightbox
    http://brutaldesign.github.io/swipebox

I think it'd be a good change to include as right now it's hard for people on mobile phones to click in and out of the photo.

Also, my portrait photos crop the faces off. Anyway to fix that? I do mostly portraits, not landscape shots. :/
    As for lightbox plugins - we'll take a closer look at both of them. I'll let you know when we decide.
    candacenicole said: Also, my portrait photos crop the faces off. Anyway to fix that? I do mostly portraits, not landscape shots. :/
    Go to CeeVee Options >> Custom Style and paste this definition:
    .g-item.h1 {
    height: 440px !important;
    }

All the Best.
  • edited September 2015 Posts: 21
    Ok I’ll try that code out, thank you!! :)

Also, I think if it were a true masonry grid layout that would fix the images cropping faces off issue...here's an example of what I mean...I DON'T like all the white space between images but this was the quickest example I could find of a gallery which shows both portrait & landscape photos well: http://metcreative.com/demo_viewer/index.php?theme=salvador

And finally, while you’re thinking about a change for the next upgrade I’d really love it if there was an easier way to add photos…a gallery that you can just upload a bunch of photos to then filter based on the category, rather than having to create posts for each photo would be so much simpler for someone like me who's had their website for 3 years now and has several images to add!! However, I DO like that you can have a page with more info for graphic design portfolios (which I’ll be setting up as I do graphic design too), so this is just a thought, I don’t know if that’d be possible to still be able to have a photo link to another page if you did it as a gallery. But if you are able to figure it out I’d even chip in a donation of maybe $50 or more if you came up with something like that. :)
    Post edited by candacenicole on
  • FYI, that code didn't work
    candacenicole said: FYI, that code didn't work
    funny... there's a special parameter to change item height: edit shortcode 'Works list' and set 'Height of single item' parameter.

True masonry - we'll see about that, we are few to decide what to do in our work time;)
    candacenicole said: I’d really love it if there was an easier way to add photos…a gallery that you can just upload a bunch of photos to then filter based on the category, rather than having to create posts for each photo would be so much simpler for someone like me who's had their website for 3 years now and has several images to add!!
    I understand, but 'Works' are meant to be a portfolio items, with content, the 'Gallery' mode was not that important for us during designing. But I can promise You, it will be discussed as well.
    All the Best.
    If You are focused more on photos - perhaps You should try our Photon theme?
    http://themeforest.net/item/photon-fullscreen-photography-wordpress-theme/11543656
    All the Best.
  • Thank you for the suggestion! But I love the way the rest of the pages layout on this one. Plus, I have vertical brochures I want to display on my graphic design portfolio I'm creating too. I really hope you'll consider changing the way the images display! :)