Before you ask please READ THIS

Changing link for 'Back to Shop'

Hi, Love the theme. For the products page, is it possible for me to change the link for the ‘Back to Shop’ link that appears at the top of each product? I want it to go to the shop page that I’ve set up instead (I’ve set it up so it shows the product categories), currently it goes to the default WooCommerce set up which displays all the products on one page. Thanks

Comments

• AirAir
    Hello there!

Go to fame\advance\utilities\post__work__gallery__blog.php line ~635 and there change this

if($shop_id !== '0'){
    $href = get_permalink($shop_id);
    }
    to

if($shop_id !== '0'){
    $href = 'http://Link_to_your_page.com';
    }
    Hope that helps.

With kind regards.
  • edited September 2015 Posts: 4
    Hi there, thank you very much and yes it definitely helps!

I have another question. I've set up my own page with the product categories (see image 1). Is it possible so that when you click on the category, it will then take you to a page with the sub categories (ie: pants, tops, dresses), and when you click on them then it takes you to the product listings under that sub category?

To give you an idea, the sitemap is like this:

Wear It (Shop
    - Mens
    ---- pants
    ---- tops
    - Womens
    ---- pants
    ---- tops
    ---- dresses
    - Accessories

And then having the 'Back to Shop' take you back to the sub category instead.

If I'm over=complicating things I understand, I 'll probably just make individual pages as the categories (and list them under wear it) then have the subcategories display as below.

Thanks!
    wearitfn2.png
    1656 x 860 - 1M
    Post edited by germydesigns on
  • AirAir
    Hello again :-)

This is beyond simple modification, so I can't help you with that. However this sounds like could be done with some filter, but I think more info you could get from Woocommerce support, as they know possibilities of WC much more then me.
    btw. I admire you that you prefer to setup shop content on separate pages instead of using default woocommerce structure :-)

With kind regards.
  • No worries, I figured it would be over-complicating things!

The most important thing was to change the 'Back to Shop' link so now everything works really well and I've set up the shop content on separate pages instead. Better UX anyway, and thank you for the compliment! Haha

Have a great day and thank you for all your help! :)
  • I also bought you a latte and a donut. Enjoy! :D
  • AirAir
    Wow, thanks for coffee :-) and good luck with your site.
    Weekend was great btw., thanks ;-)