Before you ask please READ THIS

Importing demo data not working

Dear customer support, I installed the last version of the theme on the last wordpress. Following the documentation I am not able to import demo files. after clicking on "import demo data content" i get just "error" message box with no reason.

I tried the other method too, installing the wordpress plugin and make it read the xml, but nothing...

Any ideas?

Comments

• AirAir
    Hello there:-)

Can you elaborate more on this error message box? Screen shot maybe?
    It could be error from Wishlist plugin if you have debug mode on.

Have you tried deactivating all plugins?
    If you can't do it then I can do it for you.
    For this please send me temporary access(create new ADMIN account with fake e-mail) to your WP so I could check there what is going on. Send it here on forum via private message(click on my nick, in top-right corner you will find option "Message"). In message please attach LINK to topic it applies to.

With kind regards.
  • Hello Customer Support, I am experiencing the same problem. I cannot upload the demo content I get the error message and I tried uploading it via Wordpress Tools, but It doesn't upload correctly. Have you figure out what it is?
  • I created an admin user for the team, and gave them the credentials, but i'm still waiting for them to login and solve.
    Please let me know I have to work on it.
  • edited October 2015 Posts: 88
    Hi I just Purchased this theme, happy i have However I cant import demo data, Nothing Happens , page just does nothing. Please can you help in any way tiny or herculean. Can i send you theme login details so you can try please ?

I have just emailed you your login details for my theme - Thanks Guys

Kindly Simon
    Post edited by simonnewbound on
  • AirAir
    marco3253 said: I created an admin user for the team, and gave them the credentials, but i'm still waiting for them to login and solve.
    Please let me know I have to work on it.
    I didn't receive any message from you. Where did you send it?
    alecabrera said: I get the error message and I tried uploading it via Wordpress Tools
    Same as previous - what is the error?
    simonnewbound said: Please can you help in any way tiny or herculean. Can i send you theme login details so you can try please ?

I have just emailed you your login details for my theme - Thanks Guys
    For this please send me temporary access(create new ADMIN account with fake e-mail) to your WP so I could check there what is going on. Send it here on forum via private message(click on my nick, in top-right corner you will find option "Message"). In message please attach LINK to topic it applies to.

PS. What is up with you guys, suddenly all not being able to import demo data :-P

With kind regards.
  • i SENT YOU a email to info@apollo.13.eu its from SimonNewbound cant you access it - Kindly Simon
  • edited October 2015 Posts: 37
    I replied to the email, I mean, I could not post my credentials here right?
    the email was forum@apollo13.eu
    Post edited by marco3253 on
  • AirAir
    simonnewbound said: i SENT YOU a email to info@apollo.13.eu its from SimonNewbound cant you access it - Kindly Simon
    marco3253 said: I replied to the email, I mean, I could not post my credentials here right?
    the email was forum@apollo13.eu
    Come on guys! Read what I write to you. I asked you to send me this data here via forum, I gave you precise instructions how to do it(click on my nick, on page that will open in top-right corner you will find option "Message").
    Please do as I say, to speed up process of helping you.

forum@apollo13.eu - this address only is for sending emails from forum script and is not monitored.
    info@apollo13.eu - I don't have access to it, and it is not used for support. Support is only handled via forum.

Hope it is all clear now what and HOW to proceed :-)

With kind regards.
  • AirAir
    Maybe you don't understand what I mean by sending access :-)
    1. Create new admin user for me in your wordpress.
    2. For emails use whatever, like fake@mymail.com
    3. Setup some password.
    4. Send me login and password via private message on forum.
  • I have done. is this secure this message area ?
  • AirAir
    Same level security as e-mail. Most important is that only I have access to it, and I know there get only support related things. I will jump to your message right away!
  • AirAir
    edited October 2015 Posts: 10,970
    OK, I think I know what is going on. It looks it has to do with old PHP version on your server. Try this file from attachment.
    1. Unzip it.
    2. Upload demo_data.php to photon-a13\advance\admin
    3. Confirm if it fixes issue.

I will make additional tests meanwhile.

With kind regards.
    zip
    zip
    demo_data.zip
    Post edited by Air on
  • It started working then it freeze on the screenshot
    Schermata 2015-10-15 alle 15.14.31.png
    1267 x 712 - 115K
  • LOG:

maintenance_start
    Installing Share Buttons by AddToAny

Scaricamento del pacchetto di installazione da https://downloads.wordpress.org/plugin/add-to-any.1.6.6.zip

Scompattamento del pacchetto…

Installazione plugin…

Il plugin Share Buttons by AddToAny 1.6.6 è stato installato correttamente.

Attiva plugin | Ritorna all'installatore di plugin
    Plugin installed: Share Buttons by AddToAny Plugin activated: Share Buttons by AddToAny
    Disattivazione modalità di manutenzione…

maintenance_start
    Installing WooCommerce Quantity Increment

Scaricamento del pacchetto di installazione da https://downloads.wordpress.org/plugin/woocommerce-quantity-increment.1.0.0.zip

Scompattamento del pacchetto…

Installazione plugin…

Il plugin WooCommerce Quantity Increment 1.0.0 è stato installato correttamente.

Plugin installed: WooCommerce Quantity Increment Plugin activated: WooCommerce Quantity Increment

maintenance_start
    Installing WooCommerce

Download aggiornamento da https://downloads.wordpress.org/plugin/woocommerce.2.4.7.zip

Estrazione dell’aggiornamento…

Installazione dell’ultima versione in corso…

Rimozione della vecchia versione del plugin…

Il plugin WooCommerce - excelling eCommerce 2.4.7 è stato installato correttamente.

Plugin updated: WooCommerce Plugin activated: WooCommerce
  • AirAir
    Hi marco.

I tried again on your installation and it worked. Sometimes stupid plugins throw errors, as they not best written, and that breaks importer.

Hope you can now continue your work!
  • oh nice thank you, can I try to switch to white demo set?

and last thing, I updated a file manually, what will happen during updating the theme in the future? I need always to keep that file and overwrite it?
    what a stupid question, I will not need demo content again after setup the website lol

Thank you
  • I tried what you suggest but still have the same problem :(
  • AirAir
    marco3253 said: oh nice thank you, can I try to switch to white demo set?
    Yes you can, chose "white" in Predefined demo sets in import settings. http://apollo13.eu/docs/photon/#!/import_export_menu
    marco3253 said: and last thing, I updated a file manually, what will happen during updating the theme in the future? I need always to keep that file and overwrite it?
    Which file? You mean file I posted here? I will add this changes in update, as I see more people come here with same issue.
    marco3253 said: what a stupid question, I will not need demo content again after setup the website lol
    haha ;-)
    alecabrera said: I tried what you suggest but still have the same problem :(
    As others: For this please send me temporary access(create new ADMIN account with fake e-mail) to your WP so I could check there what is going on. Send it here on forum via private message(click on my nick, in top-right corner you will find option "Message"). In message please attach LINK to topic it applies to.

With kind regards.
  • AirAir
    Fixed in newest update 1.1.6.

Thanks all for help!
  • thanks to you!