Before you ask please READ THIS

Homepage

edited October 2015 in Photon Posts: 16
Hi
I purchase your theme, great work !
Here : www.tonnerre-patrimoine.com (HT access : 1 / 2)
I can't choose the albums in full slider on the homepage ... i have no choice ...
I try with "Albums list" on personalization, but i don't have the possibility to chosse the album i want ...

Help please
I need it for today
Cheers
Franck
Post edited by Air on

Comments

Sorry..., i solve it
    Thanks
  • AirAir
    Hello :-)

What was source of the issue finally?

PS. Please don't post access to your WP in posts, as everyone has access to it. Do it only when we ask and via private message :-)

With kind regards.
  • Yes post it, cause I have the same problem, in customization if I click on "single album" as the home page, nothing happens.

Communication from Themeforest Comments:

Hi there. Great theme!
    I dont get it how to set an single album view as home page.

In Appearance -> Customize i have chosen the right album which i want to display. But nothing happens. The homepage always was the blog page till I changed it in WP Settings. But then there is a content page or a empty black site.

Can you help me with that?

Thank you so much

apollo13
    apollo13 AUTHOR
    3 days ago Flag
    Hello Nikolausbrocke and thank you!

1. First of all you must fill the Reading Settings: https://nimbus.everhelper.me/client/notes/share/305577/P4S7TUANUKqrUL3uPtehxCGcGyoDy64H/
    2. The second step is to set up your album as the home page: https://nimbus.everhelper.me/client/notes/share/305579/iUouDbmXr4Nba6FvpJvQmB5mKc8exK7k/

I hope it helps :)

With Regards Daniel

nikolausbrocke
    nikolausbrocke
    about 2 hours ago Flag
    Yes I did that already. Now there is an empty black page as homepage. I think WP takes the defined page in reading settings not the defined album… Is there any possible solution? Or do you need contact details to have a short look in the backend? Thank You

apollo13
    apollo13 AUTHOR
    about 2 hours ago Flag
    Hello again Nikolausbrocke

In that case you must visit our Support Forum and start a new thread. Our Expert have to look on your spcecific case. Remember to include the information that you wrote here in comments section.

With Regards Daniel
  • AirAir
    edited October 2015 Posts: 10,970
    Hello :-)

That is strange. If you want, I can debug it but need FTP access for it. If you want me to try please send it via private message.

With kind regards.
    Post edited by Air on
  • AirAir
    @geltl
    I don't know guys why you have to issue but I will have to debug it on someones machine so if you are interested in helping :

Could you please send me temporary access to your WordPress an FTP so I could check there what is going on? Send it here on forum via private message(click on my nick, in top-right corner you will find option "Message"). In message please attach LINK to topic it applies to.
    By sending access to WordPress I mean:
    -create new ADMIN account with fake e-mail
    -set some password to this account
    -send me created login and password

With kind regards.
  • AirAir
    OK guys, I know what is going on I just was amazed that so many of you had same issue, and I thought something is broken. As explained here http://apollo13.eu/docs/photon/#!/adding_frontpage if you want anything other then blog on your homepage, then you have to choose static page as your Front page. See this screen shot:

Hope this will remove confusion.

With kind regards.
    ss-2015-10-16_16-08-40.png
    303 x 476 - 13K
  • Oh now it is perfect, so the trick is, make a fake home page, set it as a home page in settings->reading as a static page.

Now you can select an album as the home page in the customization settings.

Perfect. thank you.