Before you ask please READ THIS

Alternative to recent works element in latest theme/visual composer upgrade

in Superior Posts: 27
Hi,
I'm in the process of upgrading the theme to latest version including the Visual Composer plugin.
I've noticed that the recent works element in VC has been removed in the latest theme update.
Could you possibly suggest an alternative to this as this worked very well for my site in the 1.9.3 version of the theme.
Thanks

Comments

• AirAir
    Hello :-)

Story to returning Superior to market place can be found here http://www.apollo13.eu/themes_update/superior/index.html version 2.0.0 and also info about what elements were deleted.

You can find there
    -Removed "Recent Posts", "Recent Works", "Recent Galleries". You will have to use "Post grid" or "Post Masonry grid" instead
    With kind regards.
    Thanks for your reply,

I've tried several options in the settings using the Post Grid Element and have had no luck in displaying any of the Items in the works section.

Could you suggest what settings I need for this.

I've also noticed that the Progress Bar now doesn't display different colours even though I have them setup in the Theme Progress Bar settings.

Thanks,
  • AirAir
    rad76 said: I've tried several options in the settings using the Post Grid Element and have had no luck in displaying any of the Items in the works section.
    It works fine for me with latest VC version. I got such settings:image
    rad76 said: I've also noticed that the Progress Bar now doesn't display different colours even though I have them setup in the Theme Progress Bar settings.
    Yes, here we also reverted to default Progress bar shortocde, but as I checked they now also have option to choose your color. What are your settings, and what is the result?

With kind regards.

ss-2015-10-19_11-52-45.png
    664 x 949 - 58K
    Thanks for reply.

Attached are settings I have for post grid and progress bar and current result of each one on page. Still can't get either to load correctly.
    2015-10-20 01.21.24 am.jpg
    590 x 840 - 78K
    2015-10-20 01.19.09 am.jpg
    605 x 715 - 84K
    2015-10-20 01.24.38 am.jpg
    1510 x 206 - 35K
    2015-10-20 01.24.17 am.jpg
    586 x 286 - 27K
  • AirAir
    Have you updated all your plugins including Visual composer ? I have very different screen for making progress bars.

If you are up to date and still no result, then could you please send me temporary access to your WordPress so I could check there what is going on? Send it here on forum via private message(click on my nick, in top-right corner you will find option "Message"). In message please attach LINK to topic it applies to.

By sending access to WordPress I mean:
    -create new ADMIN account with fake e-mail
    -set some password to this account
    -send me created login and password

With kind regards.
    Yes all plugins updated.
    I've just deleted and reinstalled VC and still the same.

I'm currently working locally on site upgrade so will setup new user and upload to server and then send you message later today.

Thanks.
    C.
  • AirAir
    Just to speak some numbers:
    You use Superior 2.0.8 and Visual Composer 4.7.4 ?
  • edited October 2015 Posts: 27
    Yes spot on!

The only reason I'm upgrading template is because I received a message from Envato regarding the security vulnerabilities in previous versions of VC.
    Post edited by rad76 on
  • AirAir
    About progress bar, I have just noticed that you use "Theme Progress bar". Please switch to Visual Composer progress bar to get all new options for it, as our old shortcode might not work anymore. Enable this shortocode in VC settings http://apollo13.eu/docs/superior/#!/activate_builder_options

With kind regards.
    Ok thanks - only problem is when I go to VC settings there is no section available for me to enable the shortcode.
    (screenshot attached)
    2015-10-22 11.45.36 am.jpg
    1487 x 840 - 152K
  • AirAir
    Click this big ADMINISTRATOR blue text :-)

With kind regards.
    Thanks I have it sorted now :)
    The progress bar is now working correctly but still can't get the Post Grid element to display.
    I'll try a few other options but may need to give you access to check.