Before you ask please READ THIS

Is there a way to tag individual images?

edited October 2015 in Photon Posts: 51
I'd love to tag individual images within an album so I could pull up all the images with a given tag. Is that possible?
Post edited by digitalmuse on

Comments

• AirAir
    edited October 2015 Posts: 10,970
    Hello :-)

You can use plugin like "Media Tags" or "Enhanced Media Library" and then it will be possible. I have tested this while developing Photon theme.

With kind regards.
    Post edited by Air on
  • I tried both of those but when I went to view a tag (or "media category") I ended up with a 404 Not Found.

For example - I've currently got Enhanced Media Library installed and I created these media categories & tagged a few pix with them (see attached).

But then when I click View to view either of them, I get my 404 Not Found page:
    http://davidbeifeld.photography/media_category/architecture/
    http://davidbeifeld.photography/media_category/landscape/

Any idea what might cause that?

ps - thank you so much for your quick & helpful responses to all of my questions!! I love this theme!
    2015-10-19_11-49-09.jpg
    1133 x 658 - 93K
  • AirAir
    :-)
    digitalmuse said: I tried both of those but when I went to view a tag (or "media category") I ended up with a 404 Not Found.
    Be sure you refreshed permalinks. Change them once to Default and test if it works. If yes, then change to others. it should help.

digitalmuse said: ps - thank you so much for your quick & helpful responses to all of my questions!! I love this theme!
    Luckly I could help you:-) But some questions don't have happy endings ;-)

With kind regards.
    ss-2015-10-20_11-36-50.png
    933 x 695 - 57K
  • Weird, thanks - that did fix it from getting the 404 and then was able to put it back to Post Name.

Now when I load the URL to a tag/category, I get the Blog Archives page with no pictures actually showing - guess I need to create my own template for that.
  • AirAir
    Weird as I added template for this in photon. They are called taxonomy-media_tag.php and taxonomy-media_category.php

Which plugin do you finally use? Also what is your sample link to tag or category?

With kind regards.
  • Oh, I tried a couple - I think that last test was with one that called them media-category/. I decided not to use them for now so I uninstalled the plugin but I do see those templates, so cool. If I do it again in the future, I'll just copy those over to whatever the new one is named. Thanks!
  • Just looked again: I think it was Enhanced Media Library.
  • AirAir
    I have just tested these templates and I am not sure they work as I intended. I think I will have to revisit them soon and fix if possible.

With kind regards.
  • Thanks again. I decided not to tag images for now so it's not impacting me - but maybe others.

I'm not sure what your intent was but it would be super cool if the tag page looked like any other album page (that's how I was envisioning it, at least). Just a thought.
  • AirAir
    Yeah I think I envisioned it the same, but it was year ago :-P Hopefully it will work like that, but I don't remember details now, so I don't promise anything. Thanks for your input!

With kind regards.
  • AirAir
    I have done some fixing in media tag templates, and it ended up, that I have done them for other theme, that is why they were working so weak. I can't say they are flawless now, cause it is not easy to completely emulate "Albums" with these, but they are for sure better.

I believe you should be able to try them in tomorrow update :-)

With kind regards.