Before you ask please READ THIS

Is there a way for Search to search through the media titles/descriptions?

edited October 2015 in Photon Posts: 51
I'm using Photon solely for photographs - no blog. When I enter the name I've given to a couple of pictures though it comes up with no search results found. I'm guessing it's only searching pages & posts rather than media? I've tried looking for plugins that include media but no luck - do you know of any?

Thanks!
Abby
Post edited by digitalmuse on

Comments

• AirAir
    Hello:-)

Unfortunately I don't know any, it will be not easy modification. It would require some diging in Wordpress filters, but it sounds like useful features.
    I will mark this topic for my self, however I don't know when I will have time to search is it really possible from theme code level.

With kind regards.
  • Okay, thanks. I'm guessing it's not easy because I tried out a ton of different "media search" plugins this weekend but none of them did the right thing.

If I find any though, I'll post back!
  • AirAir
    I have done my research in that matter, and I think this is possible from theme level, however it needs much more time for digging how to exactly do it. It is something that it would be nice to have in theme, but for now my time is occupied with more important things.

Thanks again for idea however :-)

With kind regards.