Before you ask please READ THIS

How to remove/change hover effect in albums

I don't like how when your mouse goes over an image in an album, it dims the image out - it means that as you scroll, the item right in front of you is dimmed out.

Is there a way to have it NOT dim out, maybe even have it not show title/description (so you have to click into the image to see it)?

I like the effect on the list of albums page. But on an individual album, I want people to be able to enjoy the pictures by just scrolling through them, even if they don't want to click in.

Comments

• edited October 2015 Posts: 51
    This is how I ended up doing this:

I added the following to my child theme's style.css. I'm using the Default effect everywhere, so I just changed the css for the default to not dim. This makes the change everywhere, which is fine with me:
    /* Prevent images from being dimmed out on mouseover for default, set description text to white to see easier */
    .default-eff:hover figcaption{
    background-color: rgba(0,0,0, 0);
    }
    figure.archive-item .excerpt{
    color: white;
    }
    Post edited by Air on
  • AirAir
    digitalmuse said: Is there a way to have it NOT dim out, maybe even have it not show title/description (so you have to click into the image to see it)?
    I will add "none" effect in new update.

Thanks for suggestion!

With kind regards.

• Cool! Thanks!