Before you ask please READ THIS

Different result between english and italians search

in Fame Posts: 119
Hi my friend,
probably the title is not right, but I didn't know how to explain in short.
I have this bug...
I'm on homepage of my website www.italiaamoremio.it and for istance I look for "serramarrocco".
It will display all result in english...
If I press the language switch to italian on the result page it won't display "serramarrocco" in italian but it will show just the search page.
Can you do something for that?
Thanks
Gabriele

Comments

• AirAir
    Hello:-)

I suppose you have updated something, that it doesn't work now. Have you implemented again solution from here http://support.apollo13.eu/discussion/3293/search-form-works-only-in-english ?

With kind regards.
    Yep .. I did before writing you... but it still have the same problem..
    :-(
  • AirAir
    And it worked previously, right? What you have updated that it is not working anymore. Btw is it same problem?

With kind regards.
    Actually it's the first time I have seen this bug... last time the problem was that from italian the site used to go to english instead of staying in italian..
    this time it's like the language doesn't keep the research content if I move from one language to the other..
  • AirAir
    I am off for today, but please check if issue also occurs in default Wordpress theme.

With kind regards.
    No problem.. take your time..
    I've check and with the default themes it works fine.. if I write
    "serramarrocco" in english and see the results and switch to italian it displays only italian result for serramarrocco... :-) ciao gabriele
  • AirAir
    I wonder what it may be.

Could you please send me temporary access to your WordPress and FTP so I could check there what is going on? Send it here on forum via private message(click on my nick, in top-right corner you will find option "Message"). In message please attach LINK to topic it applies to.

By sending access to WordPress I mean:
    -create new ADMIN account with fake e-mail
    -set some password to this account
    -send me created login and password

With kind regards.
  • AirAir
    I have just checked your site, and I get search reasults in both languages, see:
    http://www.italiaamoremio.it/it/?s=serramarrocco&post_type=product&lang=it - IT
    http://www.italiaamoremio.it/?s=serramarrocco&post_type=product&lang=en - EN

Maybe it was some cache that was refreshed after switching theme?

Do you also see it working now?

With kind regards.
    Hi... the problem is still there...
    Try to look for the word serramarrocco in english from homepage.... than after seeing the results without entering the word again in search box, change language from english to italian...
    You will see that it won't display serramarrocco... but it will display all products..

• AirAir
    OK now I see, that both languages lead to wrong place, and it is for sure caused by Wordpress loop, probably used wrongly in theme. I will try to debug it. Thanks for pointing this out.

With kind regards.
    No problem.. I'm glad to find out this little problems... I really like your theme... :-)
  • AirAir
    I have just checked this on default Wordpress theme on my server and it also doesn't work even with default WPML language switcher. How did it work for you when you tested? How did you tested it?
    If it don't work in default theme, then this is issue of WPML.

With kind regards.
    Probably it was on the theme search istead of the woocomerce search...
  • AirAir
    Yes, on default search it works fine. Maybe we need some plugin or option to enable so it will work good there also.
    I will try to take a look later.

With kind regards.
    Ok... keep me updated in case I will contact WPML:.. :-)
  • AirAir
    I didn't find any solution to this issue. Sound like simple bug/overlooked situation when WPML runs together with Woocommerce.

With kind regards.
    Hi there, no problem.. I will contact WPML now and see if they can solve the problem.
    The importance for me it was that it wasn't only a problem of mine... :-)
  • AirAir
    When doing try to show them this in default WP theme, so it will be easy for them to understand that it is beyond theme issues. Of course depending on your posibilites in term of setting copy of your page on different theme.
    You can show them this link http://www.italiaamoremio.it/it/?s=serramarrocco&post_type=product&lang=it and tell to see where language switcher points on that page.

For sure you can do it ;-)

With kind regards.