Before you ask please READ THIS

Navigation - go back button

When surfing an individual album, like http://benjaminkanarek.com/archives/album/tender-skin

How can I go back to the main and previous album file containing the specific album? I only want to take one step back http://benjaminkanarek.com/archives/genre/book-2

I do not see any "go back" button other than clicking on my logo and coming back to the homepage. That is way too far back.

Thanks

Comments

• AirAir
    Hello :-)

People use for this backward button in browser ;-) And there is no duplication of this function in theme :-)

Full serious - there is no such option in theme. You can click in category name in album description if you want to get to more "parent list".

With kind regards.
  • Thanks for the answer. However the back button within the browser (Safari) just hangs forever and does not go back to the previous page. JFYI, the back button works on Safari for any other site but your template.

I tried it with Firefox, works fine.

Do you have a pbl with Safari?

Thanks
  • AirAir
    Hello:-)
    Try deactivating AJAX then, and maybe update theme, as we did some fixes to AJAX lately.
    Read more http://apollo13.eu/docs/photon/#!/ajax_settings

With kind regards.
  • edited October 2015 Posts: 40
    I want to know if on other users Macs that are using Safari, that the "Go Back" button is functioning as it should. Or is the deactivation of AJAX done within the template ? That way we know the backspace button works for anyone using Safari.
    Post edited by benjikan on
    Here is another site using your template and it is exactly the same problem using Safari. It does not go back to the previous page it turns forever. They need to go back to the previous pages. Again my go back button on Safari is working fine with any other site I surf.
  • Here is another site using your template: http://jakemillerphoto.com/albums/
  • I just do not understand as it is now working on 2 separate Mac computers and it was not since I installed the template. I hope other people will not have that pbl using Safari. Can people using Safari try your template using the back button, to see if it is working properly? Thanks
  • AirAir
    I am afraid almost no one will read this topic, except me :-)

1. Have you updated theme as I have suggested?
    2. If it is "turning forever" it is for sure JavaScript error on AJAX, so it will be best to disable this function.

I don't have Mac so can't test your site there, but if there is such issue, it should be easy to reproduce on Windows Chrome browser for example.

I see that you have switched off AJAX now, so it should be good.

With kind regards.
  • 1- Yes I updated it last Saturday.

2 - Yes I switched Javacript off and then back on, as when switched off it does not allow me to choose submenu.

Thanks
  • AirAir
    benjikan said: Yes I switched Javacript off and then back on, as when switched off it does not allow me to choose submenu.
    I think you mean you have switched off option Dynamic site loading(AJAX)
    Maybe issue with submenu was caused by some plugin, as it is working fine.

With kind regards,
    I switched off the "Allow javascript from Safari search field" in my safari menu and put it back on. Now it seems to work ok on several of my devices.

Thanks
  • AirAir
    benjikan said: I switched off the "Allow javascript from Safari search field"
    Why did you do that? I only asked you to turn off Ajax options in theme, like in link I gave you. But AJAX is off now in your theme, and it works for you, so it is great :-)

With kind regards.

• I did it in the Safari menu on one computer only. How can that affect the overall global cloud settings of the template??? But it now works !! I do not have an explanation of why it was not working and now it is.... Weird!!
  • AirAir
    O man :-) Like I said before, I only talked about settings in theme, not settings in browser. if you will read whole topic again plus links to documentation then I am sure you will catch it. I only wanted you to turn off this option:

With kind regards
    ss-2015-10-28_11-36-31.png
    779 x 517 - 32K