Before you ask please READ THIS

Video Fullscreen autostart

Hi there,

is it possible to make a fullscreen self-hosted video autostart ?
thanks

Comments

• AirAir
    Hello:-)

I believe you have option for autoplay for each video in album.

With kind regards.
    ss-2015-10-29_11-20-17.png
    884 x 288 - 9K
  • Hi Air,

thanks for your answer. I got one page with a fullscreen video as a background (no album) - works nice but there is no autoplay function. Can i implement this in any way ?

thanks
  • AirAir
    Video as background? How did you pull that off? I don't remember theme to have such option :-)
    If it was your personal implementation, then you will have to search how to do it for your code.

With kind regards.
  • sure there is such an option. take a look at the the screenshot. it works perfectly for fullscreen video but there is no autostart :)
    screenair.jpg
    1049 x 531 - 164K
  • AirAir
    But this is not for background. This is for "title video" something like featured image. Can you show me live link to how it looks, so I will be least confused ? :-)

With kind regards.
  • Hello Air,

oh i misunderstood this feature :-) Please take a look -> http://arche.krobbdesign.de/video/
    Only thing i modified is ... i made a new template without the content area.

Hmm ... but the result is nice :-)

• AirAir
    It is hard to do it for only this video, but we can make it globally for your site.

Try this modification:
    Go to photon-a13\advance\utilities\media.php line ~286
    and change this
    return wp_video_shortcode( array( 'src' => $src );
    to
    return wp_video_shortcode( array( 'src' => $src, 'autoplay' => true ) );

With kind regards.
  • works great, thank you :)