Before you ask please READ THIS

Spaceship Update 1.1.2

edited August 2012 in Spaceship Posts: 25
I've updated to the new version, and even used your template for the child theme CSS page. But now the site isn't reading my custom CSS anymore, just yours. Typically there's an "@import" rule at the start of the child css, and I tried it both with and without that...but no change. I can't think what would be causing it. I've tried force reloads and everything else. Help?

Comments

once again...figured it out. I had a rogue functions file hanging around.
  • AirAir
    Glad to hear that:-) By the way, have your read http://apollo13.eu/docs/spaceship/#!/modification_of_theme . Is it easier now to add modifications for you since new version with child theme. I really would like to hear your opinion.

With regards.
    I just read it. Thanks for these updates.

Luckily I got around modifications without changing the functions (I rewrote the loop and edited CSS). However, I think you HAVE to add the functions file to your child theme in order for it to work. Since I had already built mine, I didn't upload your child theme file, just added the css file to mine...I already had a (faulty) functions.php file in my theme so I didn't load that...but I think you have to have that functions file to load the child CSS properly, correct? Once I added it, all worked fine. I think for most new users who start with your child theme, they'll be okay, I sort of came through backwards.
  • AirAir
    Yes you have to. In child theme there is special function in functions.php that loads styles in proper order.

With regards.