Before you ask please READ THIS

I made my Shop the Home Page "Start page " and i have lost all my widgets on the RHS

I made my Shop the Home Page "Start page " and i have lost all my widgets on the RHS how do you recommend retrieving them. Thank you kindly in Advance.

Simon :)

Comments

• AirAir
    Hello there:-)

You mean they are not displayed or the proper sidebar in Widgets menu is empty?
    I have seen that sometimes changing themes while being in customizer clears sidebars and you have to setup them from scratch.

Anyway you have to explain me which is the case:-)

With kind regards.
  • When i installed your theme, i added the demo content so my shop looked awesome and it had all the shop widgets like filter etc plus it had my own product images. Then i made the shop my home start page and now all the widgets have gone. see screen shot. So now i went to my Widgets sections and i added the woo widgets to MY SIDEBAR and still i have no widgets on the RHS of MY Shop home page.
    No Widgets.png
    2048 x 945 - 2M
  • I sent AIR a PM
  • AirAir
    I see there is bug in Photon theme, when SHop is set as front page, but I don't know yet where is it exactly. When I will find it, I will reply here.

With kind regards.
  • AirAir
    OK I know where is the issue. I will have to rethink it, but for now, go to your Shop page, edit it, and in Sidebar select "Sidebar on the left", see screen shot.

Thanks for spotting this issue.

With kind regards.
    ss-2015-12-03_17-40-59.png
    715 x 165 - 7K
  • My site is not loading could that be cause you switched off the cache ?
  • What ever I do i cant get the widgets to show when shop is the home page. I followed your instructions and i also added the widgets via the Customise Menu Section I selected save and the widgets do not show. Please you have access you are welcome to try as well ? Kindly S
  • AirAir
    simonnewbound said: My site is not loading could that be cause you switched off the cache ?
    Works for me, but as I said, you can always switch it back, but it is not good idea till you work on your layout.
    simonnewbound said: I followed your instructions and i also added the widgets via the Customise Menu Section I selected save and the widgets do not show. Please you have access you are welcome to try as well ?
    There was nothing changed, but I did it now, so it works. You can go on with your work :-)

With kind regards.
  • I am out now will look when home Thank you so much have a lovely weekend:) Simon
  • I have just got home. On the Left of this image is your Demo on the Right of the same image is my Website? I dont understand when you say my site is OK as it looks nothing like the left hand side of this image ie your demo ? :( Or do you see my shop differently to me ? can you take a screen shot of my shop and send it to me. I only ask becuase you said all is OK now. Or this the bug associated with having the shop as a home page. Your demo just looks awesome with the selcted widgets active. When mine looks terrible. Kindly Simon :)
    Demo Awesome - My website Not Widget Awesomepng.jpg
    1191 x 1198 - 143K
  • AirAir
    Previously no widgets were displayed, and now they are - so it works:-)

You have changed/removed widgets used in that sidebar, and that is why you see different ones now.

Sorry but it is part of your content, and I shouldn't touch this. Put there widgets that you want to see there.

Here I post screen shot of what are widgets that we have on our demo page for shop sidebar.

Hope that explains everything, and will help you :-)

With kind regards.
    ss-2015-12-04_16-00-31.png
    502 x 563 - 30K
  • Thanks for shop fix greatly appreciated - You guys are just phenomenal once again thank you :)