Before you ask please READ THIS

Social: Can you please add Bandcamp or offer a "blank"/custom field?

Hi,

I’d love to link in the main navigation to my page on www.bandcamp.com (like linking to vimeo, facebook etc.)
It’ll be great if this special page can be added to the list of social site with the next update. Or is there a chance to already add it now?
Or offer a blank field that we Beach Please users can edit the way we need it.

Thank you, happy holidays – you so deserve it – and all the best for 2016!

Comments

• AirAir
    Hello there:-)

As there wont be any update to theme soon, best would be for you to add this icon on your own.
    Just find one icon that you will not use and change it.

To change this social services names you can find them in advance/options.php in lines 1382 - 1533. In such example
                'twitter' => array(
    'name' => 'Twitter',
    'value' => '',
    'pos' => 0
    ),
    You edit only this what is in label 'name' in this case it is Twitter.

Next you will have to find icon set that you use in beach_apollo\images\social-icons and edit file that you wish, in this case twitter.png (for example beach_apollo\images\social-icons\black\twitter.png).

In admin area it will still be visible as twitter, but for your users on front page it will be bandcamp, if you will make it this way.

Hopes that help.

With kind regards.
    Great! Thanks!
    But there’s one problem left: I found out that I can change the hover text "Follow us on…" to whatever I like. But how do I change the name e.g. "twitter".
    If I change the array line, nothing is displayed in the hover text, just: "Follow us on" instead of "Follow us on Bandcamp".
    Thanks and happy new year!
    Forget it: I managed it. :)
    Thanks!
  • AirAir
    Great :-)