Before you ask please READ THIS

WPML - problem with homepage after changing default language

Dear customer support,
hope you get back restored after the holidays!

I'm having troubles with WPML with homepage, this happen because I configured the entire website in english, than translated everything in italian (using ?lang=it option) and then switched the default language to italian.

The problem is this:

if english is the default language my pages are

thaigallery.it = open the home page that is also an album (thaigallery.it/album/home) but the address remain the main one.
If i click on the logo = redirect to thaigallery.it
if i click to HOME in the menu = redirect to thaigallery.it/album/home
if i switch to Italian, this is what happen:
if i click on the logo = redirect to thaigallery.it/?lang=it
if i click to HOME in the menu = redirect to thaigallery.it/album/home/?lang=it

and this is working fine, the problem is when i set ITALIAN as default language, all changes, this is what happen:

type the address in the browser thaigallery.it = go to home page, but no background is showed (the home page should be an album)
if i click on the logo = redirect to thaigallery.it = same as before, no background, no album is loaded
if i click on the HOME in the menu = redirect to thaigallery.it/album/home/?lang=it and background is working
then if I switch on english, all works.

So the problem is the homepage (album) when the default language is italian, because when it is english, and i switch to italian (it adds the parameter ?lang=it) it works.

The albums are translated both languages, the pages are translated both languages, the menu also, cannot understand what is the problem with homepage...

Can you help me with that? now the website is accessible but the default languages remain english.

Thank you,

Marco

Comments

• AirAir
    Hello there:-)

I think I will have to see it live and try from there to help you. Please setup it in problematic way and then please send me temporary access to your WordPress and FTP so I could check there what is going on. Send it here on forum via private message(click on my nick, in top-right corner you will find option "Message"). In message please attach LINK to topic it applies to.

By sending access to WordPress I mean:
    -create new ADMIN account with fake e-mail
    -set some password to this account
    -send me created login and password

With kind regards.
  • thank you for your answer, is there any chance to schedule this? because the website is working for users. let me know.

Marco
  • AirAir
    I understand what you mean, but it is hard to schedule this as this might be million things. I am not WPML expert, so if you bought their plugin maybe you should try to ask on their forum and you will get more precise and quicker answer what could be happening. Cause it be both WPML or theme related.

If you like then leave me precise instruction what I have to to do in your admin panel to reproduce issue. And I will try to test it as fast as possible when I will get to this task, so your page will be "broken" only for short amount of time.

With kind regards.
  • ok i send you the login admin infos, because when I put WPML to italian as default, the homepage is black, without background, this can cause loss of contacts when users come into the website directly into the homepage.

• AirAir
    OK I see that page is asking for english verison of that single album on your front page instead of italian version. I have fixed this on your site, and will add this in next update. Thanks for all help with debugging this!

With kind regards.
  • nice! I thought was a bug!

thank you very much for fixing on mine!

Marco