Before you ask please READ THIS

music wont autoplay on safari

Hello there,

i'm completing the website thaigallery.it with music background soundtracks, I added 3 tracks, with autoplay and random play selected.

All is working except autoplay on safari, if I open it with firefox the autoplay works, with chrome too...there is something i missed out?

Thank you.

Marco

Comments

• AirAir
    Hello:-)

Maybe safari blocks autoplay as they do on iOS devices. Does autoplay work for you on other sites?

What Safari you exactly mean? Mac/Win?

With kind regards.
  • with safari I mean Mac OS el capitan, with firefox or chrome on mac it works.

So you think it is the browser itself?

And I notice that if I change page the tracks change and begins again, it should be transversal to pages (player continuing playing if change page)
  • AirAir
    Then it sound there are problems with JavaScript there. Maybe some error is present. Unfortunately I don't have device to test it. Could you post here link to your site and I will take a look on chrome console.

With kind regards.
  • sure
    www.thaigallery.it

on mac/safari, once I click play, the buffering starts and music plays. but not automatically as chrome and firefox.
  • AirAir
    You have AJAX switched off so music wont play after changing page. Turn it on. http://apollo13.eu/docs/photon/#!/ajax_settings

With kind regards.
  • Perfect!
    With ajax activated the music is always playing thought pages, thank you.

Autoplay won't work anyway unfortunately.
  • sorry, do we have news about autoplay issue?

thank you
  • AirAir
    Unfortunately I don't have Mac to test it with native safari.
    Air said: Does autoplay work for you on other sites?
    I asked before but I didn't get answer to that.

With kind regards.
  • yes I wrote "autoplay won't work unfortunately"
    anyway is not working...can I do some debug test to copy and past? or making a screen video?

thank you
  • AirAir
    marco3253 said: yes I wrote "autoplay won't work unfortunately"
    I don't know if you understand me there, as I want to know if anywhere else, on other site, autoplay of audio works in safari? On this site http://www.iskysoft.com/online-video/youtube-autoplay-not-working.html I have found that maybe adblock is blocking this, cause there is really no other reason then something on your end, or in browser, to block it.
    Were you able to test it on other Mac with Safari?

With kind regards.
  • actually i cannot find another website with background music to see if it works, anyway ad block is disabled, it was the first thing I thought about.
    On other mac with safari the result is the same, and I noticed that on safari on mobile too (iPhone and iPad).
    Now i tried to install firefox on my iPhone and still autoplay isn't working, maybe there is some option that "if it is a mobile, autoplay = off" something like this.
    So definitely on mobile seems not to work with any browsers, on computers seems not to work only with safari on mac.

• AirAir
    edited January 2016 Posts: 10,970
    marco3253 said: I noticed that on safari on mobile too (iPhone and iPad)
    This blocked cause of transfer savings and there is no option to enable it. This is blocked by device, not by browser. You can read it in many replies on this forum and on wide internet :-)

About Mac safari it can be the same, but I didn't find any confirmation about it.

With kind regards.
    Post edited by Air on