Before you ask please READ THIS

Switching Language with WPML Language Menu & Page Loading

Hi,

There appears to be a problem somewhere between the WPML language switcher and the Photon template.

I've set this up with 3 languages: English, French and Italian and set the option in WPML to 'Display the language switcher in the WP Menu: MainMenu'. So far, so good.

However, when I switch from one language to another not everything switches on the page. All the footer widget and sidebar widget elements remain in the default language (English in my case). That said, if I reload the page or press enter again on the address bar then the correct translations are loaded.

Is it possible to change a setting anywhere in the theme so that if language is switched the whole site is reloaded in the correct language? I assume this is some kind of double call to the database...

Thanks,

Alistair

Comments

• Oh, not sure if it is useful but this does not appear to be device specific as it happens on mobile phone and desktop (iMac) and in Safari, Google Chrome and Firefox.
  • I've found this seems to only happen when the front page is set to show a single album and any of the albums (in my case Full Width Slider) are selected to use as front page.
  • AirAir
    edited January 2016 Posts: 10,970
    Hello there:-)
    Alistair said: That said, if I reload the page or press enter again on the address bar then the correct translations are loaded.
    That means it is AJAX connected. You can turn it off if you don't use music http://apollo13.eu/docs/photon/#!/ajax_settings
    I have recently fixed this for our other theme, I will check how is it in Photon.

I see that bug is still in Phtoton. Before you will disable AJAX, please try changing file in photon-a13/js/script.js with this one from attachment(unzip it first) and be sure to clear cache for browser(Ctrl + f5 on Windows, while viewing your site).

Do same for second attachment with filephoton-a13\advance\utilities\custom.php

If this still won't help then disable ajax.

With kind regards.
    zip
    zip
    script.zip
    zip
    zip
    custom.zip
    Post edited by Air on
  • Hey Air,

That seems to have worked a dream. It loads the footer correctly having changed the two files. Perfect.

I discovered another issue but I'll open a new record for it.

Thanks for the quick turnarounds.

Alistair