Before you ask please READ THIS

Default language nav link loads second language content - WPML

Hi,
I have a problem with a multilingual site. WPML support says, that it is a theme issue. As I click on a link on the nav menu in default language mode (English) it loads the German content. In German mode the anchors work without problem.

Hope you can help me out in this.
You can find the site here: http://econdt.eu

Comments

Hi,
    1. go to WPML >> Translation options and in 'Custom posts' section set 'Navigation Anchors' to 'translate'.
    2. translate all Navigation Anchors You have used in German language Home Page. remember to give them names that will help You distinguish German navigation anchors from English ones.
    3. while editing English Home page (which is - as I see - not the default language) make sure that You translate it independently - so the English version cannot be synchronized by WPML plugin.
    4. In English version in certain rows set the Navigation Anchors to those created in point 2.
    5. Go to WPML >> WP Menus Sync and synchronize your German menu, this will create English menu with corresponding English Navigation Anchors.

Remember to rate our theme if you like it ;)
    All the Best.
  • Hi surgeon,

Thanks for your reply. No luck. I followed your steps, but nothing has changed. English home page is the default, and English language is the default, but after clicking on a link on main nav, it leads to the German page.
    Strange...
    If this is ok for You - please send me (via private message) the login credentials to admin panel, I'll perform this for You - it'll save some time (mine and yours).
    Remember to rate our theme if you like it ;)
    All the Best.