Before you ask please READ THIS

Confusing logo placement

Hello Dear Air,

Q1A: There seems to be two different customization panels for my logo. Global/Logo, and Site Identity.

Q1B: When I change my Retina Logo to 512kb White it seems to disappear from my iPad and iPhone!

Please help me understand what's happening.

Comments

• AirAir
    Hello there:-)
    jakemillerphoto said: There seems to be two different customization panels for my logo. Global/Logo, and Site Identity.
    What you see in "Site identity" is favicon, and app icon - it is totally unrelated to theme logo. Also it is option added by WordPress not by theme.
    jakemillerphoto said: When I change my Retina Logo to 512kb White it seems to disappear from my iPad and iPhone!
    Live link please. Did you delete logo, and trusted that "Site icon option" will replace it? If yes, then add your logos back and make sure no cache plugin is blocking it.

With kind regards.

• Ok so I got to the bottom of this with some more attention and your help. The site icon option is great for adding an iThing app icon but it has to be a JPG not a PNG is the only requirement.
    Screen Shot 2016-02-15 at 11.06.37 AM.png
    330 x 730 - 42K
  • AirAir
    Is that a question or statement? :-)
    Any way there is article about it http://www.wpbeginner.com/wp-tutorials/how-to-add-a-favicon-to-your-wordpress-blog/

With kind regards.