Before you ask please READ THIS

Social Icons Disappeared

Hi, Some days ago I activated socials icons and everything was good.. but today I found that all icons disppeared.

Don't know why.. I deactivate and reactivate in admin panel. but nothing..
Also is something strange there. see screenshot.

error social icons.jpg
1060 x 374 - 55K
missing icons.jpg
1878 x 906 - 234K

Comments

The weird thing is I refresh in IE explorer and it's works fine. :|
    But in firefox don't, I tried to delete all cache but the problem still persist.
  • AirAir
    edited February 2016 Posts: 10,970
    Hello:-)
    50ny said: Some days ago I activated socials icons and everything was good..
    Have you installed any plugins since then?
    Could you post link to your site?
    50ny said: The weird thing is I refresh in IE explorer and it's works fine. :|
    You mean it is good in back end or on front end?

With kind regards.

Post edited by Air on

Hi, Yes I installed shortcodes ultimate (but I deleted finally)

My website www.spiritwarriorstudio.com

Also the strange thing is in admin panel like you see in screenshot.

But the most strage and weird thing is , If I enter with my Windows 7 Firefiox it's works correctly and even in admin panel it show ok.

If I change to windows 10 firefox well  here come the problem, the social icons don't appear also in admin panel the boxes are weird.

I deleted all cache and everything should run OK, but the problem persits in W10 FIREFOX.

What could be ?

• AirAir
    50ny said:

I deleted all cache and everything should run OK, but the problem persits in W10 FIREFOX.

What could be ?

Sound like classic issue with cache plugins. Have you installed any? If you are not sure then post me list off all your current plugins, and also ones that you installed and removed or deactivated.

You are probably logged in as admin on one computer, and not logged in on other computer and Wordpress cache appears in one condition and not in other.

I may be wrong in this case, but I have seen many such situation in the past.

With kind regards.
    Yes, my pc have 2 operating sistems.
    - Windows 7 -> With programs for daily using ( most of the time 80%)
    - Windows 10 -> Only games 20% of times using (on weekends mostly)

Correctly this past weekend I boot from my W10 and I connected as admin in wordpress and is here where I have the problems.

If I exit and boot from W7 , everything is ok.

Thats the strangest case I ever had , Always I supposed the problems will be fixed with a cleaning cache from firefox in W10.

(in wordpress I only have the plugins installed by the theme. The only plugin I was trying was -> shortcodes ultimate (but In the end I deleted )

Also in firefox plugins i only have adblockplus and firebug. I don't think this have something to do.

If there is a problem with cache, there is another way to fix this ?

• AirAir
    edited February 2016 Posts: 10,970
    I can see your social icons just fine. Are you logged in as admin in Wordpress while viewing page on Windows 7? How does your site looks when you are not logged in as admin on Win 10?

If you didn't use any cache plugins in your WordPress then it sounds that your browser got some glitch. Can you try Chrome browser on Win 10?

With kind regards.
    Post edited by Air on
    Sorry for the long wait.... I was having some troubles.

Thanks for your help I checked with many pc's , mobiles and leptops everything is OK.
    The only error I get is on the W10.. and for sure is something related with cache bug.. I tried to clean and delete all cache. but with no results. I don't know hot to fix this issue / bug / cache.

But the important thing is , the website for the rest of the world is OK.
    I will administrate only from W7 from now on.

Thanks.
  • AirAir
    Nice :-) Thanks for sharing this info.

With kind regards.