Before you ask please READ THIS

Language switcher on Mobile version

in Thirteen Posts: 33
Hello!
Can you help me please with language switcher options?
I don’t understand how to display the switcher in mobile version when the switcher is not configured to be displayed in a menu. If I don't want it there in the desktop version, there is any option to bypass the limitation of main header sidebar content and to display the switcher languages options? I have both plugins activated in my site the qtranslate & WPML. But no one of them shows configuration option for mobile. You can see how it displayed now on the desktop version of building site at http://test.levslutsky.com/en/.
Maybe some way of adding costume site bar that shows language options that activated only in the mobile version?

Comments

• AirAir
    Hello:-)

Only way to have language switcher visible on mobile is to have it added to menu.

We can try to make some custom CSS that will hide it on desktop versions on your site, but firs you will have to add it to menu.

With kind regards.
    Hi. Thank you for the response. Ok, I'll work on it in next two days and after I put it I'll post it here. I actually like the way as it appears now in the sidebar. If the switcher in the menu can be customized as hidden in desktop version but shown as text in the sidebar it will be good enough. But I have some doubt about actual appearance. Seems like texts language links now used, only possible in the qTranslate plugin but I'll have to work with WPML to configure properly the Hebrew version. Maybe those two plugins may work side by side or the WPML may let the text links inside bar work as well as the qTranslate plugin?
  • AirAir

Photon is made compatible with WPML plugin, so it should work fine.
    levaslu said: Seems like texts language links now used, only possible in the qTranslate plugin but I'll have to work with WPML
    You have to show me what you mean cause I am not sure. I am interested in WPML side of this sentence.

With kind regards.
    I add here screen shot that shows what i meant
    Screen Shot 2016-04-04 at 4.16.07 PM.png
    2874 x 1356 - 3M
    Sorry I don't know what is "Photon"
  • AirAir
    levaslu said: Sorry I don't know what is "Photon"
    Sorry, I used name of different theme, I meant "thirteen theme".

My language switcher looks like this when I use WPML and add switcher to menu

So it just menu position with flags(if enabled).

With kind regards.
    ss-2016-04-04_15-30-02.png
    276 x 118 - 3K
    Maybe it can be set upped something like in this website http://alexiakaren.ninjacomputing.com
    Accurate to letters separated gently. Something like that?
    I found it in this discussion http://support.apollo13.eu/discussion/3912/fast-translation-on-mobile/p1
    Its looks good enough in a mobile version.
    The way shown with links - do you know how I made it?
    Screen Shot 2016-04-04 at 4.40.55 PM.png
    2874 x 416 - 671K
    Option like this on mobile can be nice
    IMG_6955.PNG
    720 x 1280 - 603K
  • AirAir
    edited April 2016 Posts: 10,970
    levaslu said: do you know how I made it?
    I have no clue how you made it, Please tell me:-)
    ---

These are personal modifications done by user, so you should ask him, maybe he will share. But do it by private message, don't pollute his topic.

With kind regards.
    Post edited by Air on
    Please, can you help configure the appearance of switcher? I would like to add the switcher to menu list in appearance-menu-list of pages-language switcher when I will able to add an icon to the switcher. I was able to make it when used the qtranslate plugin, but cannot find the option how to do it with WPML. I don't really know coding ti understand the customization process thy suggest using PHP.
    Screen Shot 2016-04-12 at 1.21.28 AM copy.png
    1024 x 454 - 402K
    Screen Shot 2016-04-12 at 1.23.55 AM.png
    1138 x 1354 - 161K
    Screen Shot 2016-04-12 at 1.23.22 AM.png
    1262 x 1194 - 182K
  • AirAir

There is no way to do it just from admin panel, cause WPML generates this options in menu on the fly, so it is not easy to add there icons.

You can do to thirteen\advance\utilities\menu.php line ~381 and change this:
    $items .= '<span class="title">';
    to:
    $items .= '<span class="title"><i class="fa fa-phone"></i>';
    And change phone to you desired icon.

With kind regards.
    Hi, THANK YOU!
    It works fine!