Before you ask please READ THIS

Background Image Removal

Since I wasn't able to get Redux framework to work for me, I am wondering where in the code I can go to remove the default image that's appearing? See my website here: http://www.candaceperry.com. Would appreciate your help ASAP since this site is currently on job applications. Thank you!! :)

Comments

• OH and I also would like to know where to go in the code to remove the social media banners.
  • Hello, I need help getting rid of wherever the code is that points to this link ASAP, http://ceevee.apollo13.eu/wp-content/uploads/2015/03/BG12.jpg, I am applying for jobs and this is making me look bad. Thanks!
    Hello,
    the BG12.jpg file is the default background image, and You can alter it in CeeVee Options >> Layout >> General >> Custom image for background.
    If You're facing problems with altering this option - please let me know. Perhaps You're using some king of cache plugin, and that is why You can't see any changes until You purge the cache.
    candacenicole said: OH and I also would like to know where to go in the code to remove the social media banners.
    Go to CeeVee options >> Social Settings and clear all inputs in 'Social services' block.
    Remember to rate our theme if you like it ;)
    All the Best.
  • Thanks for the response! I don't have that panel because I can't get Redux Framework to install without breaking my site. I've tried several times now. :( Is there anyway to change these things through the code?? Thanks
    candacenicole said: :( Is there anyway to change these things through the code?? Thanks
    it's possible, but this not recommended at all as Redux is crucial component of CeeVee theme and every theme update in the future will be a time-consuming action. It's better to try to solve why your website doesn't like Redux.

Can You provide more info on what was happening while installing Redux?
    All the Best.
  • Whenever I install it, the entire website goes to whitescreen. I can no longer load the admin panel or the homepage at www.candaceperry.com, it says "page can't be displayed" or something like that. I then have to go into my control panel to delete the plugin for it to show again.
  • I'm currently applying for an Art Director position, and they literally just wrote back 1 minute ago asking to see my portfolio. Can you just tell me where in the code I can remove the background?? I don't have time to troubleshoot the Redux Framework plugin...can't miss out on this job opportunity. Thanks!!
    There is a user.css file in ..\wp-content\themes\ceevee\user\ folder
    remove this:
    body {
        background-attachment: fixed;
        background-image: url("http://ceevee.apollo13.eu/wp-content/uploads/2015/03/BG12.jpg");
    }
    All the Best.
    And You can in the same file this:
    #header .socials.social_ribbon {
      display: none;
    }
    in order to make social icons invisible
    All the Best.
  • I deleted the CSS for the background image and added the code for the social ribbon in the User.CSS file, everything is still the same. :/
  • Can you tell me what I should do next?
  • edited May 2016 Posts: 21
    Nevermind, I couldn't wait & hired a programmer to fix it. They had to install the
    Simple Custom CSS plugin in order to make the changes, for some reason doing it manually in the backend didn't work for them either. May want to consider taking the Redux Framework plugin out of the development as it seems buggy. Thanks for the help! :)
    Post edited by candacenicole on