Before you ask please READ THIS

Subscribe to blog widget translations are not being displayed.

in Photon Posts: 67
Hi,

The Subscribe to Blog widget is not displaying all the translations which have been made.

Translations are saved correctly in the WPML string database but only some are being passed to the front end. For example, the Italian screen shows that SUBSCRIBE TO BLOG VIA EMAIL is still in English but the Join 3 other subscribers is in Italian.

There are some other things that are translated but not showing on the front end like:

Search ...
Read More ...

These last two are not widget related.

Thanks in advance,

Alistair
Screen Shot 2016-05-31 at 13.01.44.png
2738 x 1968 - 2M

Comments

• AirAir
    Hello:-)

Is it from some plugin?
    If yes then please make sure it works on default theme first. If it doesn't then please ask WPML team about it.

With kind regards.
  • edited May 2016 Posts: 67
    Hi Air,

I'm not sure where the Search and Read More come from as they are both available when all plugins (including your theme plugin) are deactivated.

Translations are only available once WPML is activated as you probably know.

The Subscribe to Blog widget comes from our favourite plugin Jetpack...

I must work out how to install a test version of Wordpress on the same production environment so I can test with a default Wordpress theme (like TwentySixteen). This will take me some time.

Kind regards,

Alistair
    Post edited by Alistair on