Before you ask please READ THIS

SHOP SIDEBAR INACTIVE

in Fame Posts: 33
Right when I am about to the launch the site, my Woocommerce Shop sidebar is missing. I am currently troubleshooting the site so it is not visible.. But all you would see is Shop page having products full width which made me think I clicked full width on the Shop Cart ( and disabled the sidebar) but not the case. When I go to appearacnce> widgets... My "SHOP Sidebar" is at the bottom showing "Inactive" and to remove the widgets.

Thought I would see what your thoughts were and if it was theme related or Woocommcerce settings.

I am on the most recent Fame upgrade, all recommended plugins, with additonal Woothemes WC plugins: WC Fedex shipping, fedex drop shipping pro (ignitewoo not woothemes), WC wishlists, WC per product shipping, WC cloud zoom, WC swatches and variations, WC per product fee, WC product enquiry form.

Comments

Oh, And the sidebar for the blog, blog posts is working fine.
    Attempts so far and nothing has worked:
    1. Woo Sidebars to override
    2. Deactivating and Reactivating Woocommerce
    3. Made sure the sidebar was either assigned to the left or right- it was and has been assigned to the left on the page 4. Checked theme settings and nothing has changed Still showing "Inactive" and no longer available
    I did recently clone my wordpress and switch from a sub domain to the actual domain- could that have messed with Woocommerce?
    Reference
    Screen Shot 2016-06-05 at 5.04.52 PM.png
    623 x 380 - 56K
    SOLVED-

Seems kind of silly now.

If you ever find that a sidebar is inactive instead of freaking out trying to re- activate it--
    Easier to just go to the Fame Theme> Sidebars
    Create another sidebar- title it as you want.
    Appearance> Widgets- Place the widgets you want
    Then go to the actual page towards the bottom and click the drop box for which sidebar to use.

Still not sure why it ever deactivated but theres the solution. Lost a lot of sleep over something so trivial.
  • AirAir
    Hello emck :-)

Nice that you have solved this over a weekend :-)

However form what you write you have done everything I would do. If it was custom sidebar, then it looks like something reindexed after moving site. So creating new sidebar and moving all widgets there is best you could do.

Too bad you wasted a lot of sleep cause of that:-(

With kind regards.