Before you ask please READ THIS

Customizer Wont Save Updates

Hi,

I purchased the theme today and I've been unable to save any updates I've made through the Customizer. How can I resolve this issue? Also, I've haven't been able to add a picture header on the blog page above the beginning of the posts. Can you provide me with some tips on how to add this feature? Thanks!

Amanda

Comments

• AirAir
    Hello:-)

You have to cases, but lets focus on first one as it sounds that without it second case will not work anyway.

1. Does options save, that after visiting again customizer you can see what you have set there, but nothing happens on front end?
    2.Do you have any cache plugins installed?
    3.Did you start on clean installation or you installed theme on existing installation?

With kind regards.
  • edited July 2016 Posts: 3
    When I go into the Customizer, I'm able to make changes, but when I press the "save and publish" button - nothing happens. It doesn't save the changes.

I have all the plug-ins listed in your install documentation.

I tried to upload a template for the homepage, but it didn't work so I'm working from scratch.

Thanks for your help!
    Amanda

Post edited by HouseofBattles on
  • AirAir
    OK, so let me check what is going on.

Could you please send me temporary access to your WordPress so I could check there what is going on? Send it here on forum via private message(click on my nick, in top-right corner you will find option "Message"). In message please attach LINK to topic it applies to.

By sending access to WordPress I mean:
    -create new ADMIN account with fake e-mail
    -set some password to this account
    -send me created login and password

With kind regards.
  • I've sent you the information. Thanks!
  • sp3sp3
    Hi,
    I have the same problem but I think even worst... because I dont see website on the right panel, to make changes.

I tried to e.g add more social networks or add text to footer and save changes, just to see if it's working but like @houseofbattles nothing happens.

Could you please quide me how to fix this issue.
    I'll PM you temporary access to my website, just in case if needed.

Thank you,
    Hope to hear from you soon.
    Screen Shot 2016-08-13 at 20.25.10.png
    1860 x 1048 - 72K
  • AirAir
    Hello:-)

@sp3 same as in case of OP, read this http://apollo13.eu/docs/fatmoon/#!/issues_importing_demo_data - it has fixed his issues. You probably have not enough memory for your WordPress -> https://codex.wordpress.org/Editing_wp-config.php#Increasing_memory_allocated_to_PHP

With kind regards.
  • sp3sp3
    Hi @Air,
    I updated my php - I am able to see website on the right side when I enter " Customize " mode, so Thank you that helped! I was able to save most things.

The only problem I have now is when I go to:
    Customize > General Settings > Lightbox Settings > and DISABLE
    - "lightGallery download control"
    - "lightGallery zoom controls"

It doesn't save :( I mean I click the button "SAVE" and it seems like it works but when I reEnter customize mode the buttons are still switch to Enable - seems like it doesn't save for Lightbox Settings (maybe a bug ? ) any other it'll save e.g like add social media, Logo etc. Just problem with lightbox.

Could you please take a look at it. I DM my login and password.

Thank you
  • AirAir
    sp3 said: I DM my login and password.
    Please send me temporary access to your WordPress so I could check there what is going on. Send it here on forum via private message(click on my nick, in top-right corner you will find option "Message"). In message please attach LINK to topic it applies to.

By sending access to WordPress I mean:
    -create new ADMIN account with fake e-mail
    -set some password to this account
    -send me created login and password

With kind regards.

• sp3sp3
    I sent
  • AirAir
    OK I checked your installation. After two switches it worked fine. There was some glitch. Go on with your work ;-)

With kind regards.