Before you ask please READ THIS

Badge count on Logo

CFPCFP
in Photon Posts: 122
Hi, is it possible to implement a feature in the upcoming version?

Now the badge shows only a "1" if someone is new to the website to register the information tag in the footer.
But what if the badge shows up if there are new pictures available in the albums? In a specific album best.
I have a album called "New Work". So if I insert new pictures e.g. three, it would be nice if the badge shows up "3" and directs directly to the album "New Work".

THAT would be so AWESOME!

Comments

• AirAir
    Hello again:-)

What badge? You mean button with "i" (not 1) ?
    CFP said: So if I insert new pictures e.g. three, it would be nice if the badge shows up "3" and directs directly to the album "New Work".
    It requires managing cookies, and many more details that is specific to your desire. It is not something that can be coded for general use. So not really, sorry :-)

Use what you got already:
    When you add new photos, change footer message to
    I have added 3 new photos in album <a href="http://myalbumc.com">New Works</a>!!!!!!!oooonnnee!!111111
    and then reset cookie so every visitor from that time will have flashing button.

With kind regards.
    ss-2016-08-08_10-06-42.png
    294 x 229 - 9K
  • CFPCFP
    Ok, but can I redirect the link on the "i" to the page without showing or direct the user to the footer text?
  • AirAir
    You can't do it without modification. However go to photon-a13\advance\utilities\header.php line ~157
    echo '<div id="footer-msg-indicator"'.($is_cookie_for_msg_set? '' : ' class="new"').'>i</div>';

There you can link "i" ;-)

With kind regards.