Before you ask please READ THIS

Trouble with product images in shop layout

Hi!

LOVE LOVE LOVE your theme, it's gorgeous and presents albums amazingly. I am having trouble kind of similar to this post

http://support.apollo13.eu/discussion/3649/woo-commerce-product-settings-for-landscape-images-16-9#latest

however, I've regenerated thumbs and now the store layout is all crazy. I would love the store to display like the album pages do. Is there any way to do this, or make the product images masonry?

I have tested each product page setting in customise, and found that previously the images were "hard cropping" in the single product page which make selling photos difficult as the buyer can't see the whole image. Regen thumbs fixed this in the single product but as I typed earlier, now the shop page looks really messy.

http://www.vickneshmano.com/shop/

Can you please help me?

Thanks
J

Shop Layout.JPG
1792 x 716 - 185K

Comments

• AirAir
    edited August 2016 Posts: 10,970
    Hello there :-)

Something went wrong on thumbnails rebuild, cause shop page now use full size image, not resized at all. What settings do you have for woocommerce thumbnails? When you will rebuild again you only have to select "shop_catalog" variant - see screen shots.

With kind regards.
    ss-2016-08-17_09-38-40.png
    558 x 809 - 57K
    ss-2016-08-17_09-39-59.png
    282 x 289 - 9K
    Post edited by Air on
  • Hello,

Thanks for your reply. I have done as you said, however as this site is for a photographer, the landscape images don't look good being cropped. when you go into the product page to see the image, most of it is missing. I removed the hard crop and sizing on single page which now shows the full image, but in the product page the photographs look stupid cropped (attached)

Is there a way to have the product images display like the album pages?

Also, not matter what page layout setting I choose, I can't get the "shop" sidebar to show on the shop page.

Thanks

Examples VM.JPG
    1915 x 878 - 253K
  • Sorry, I got the side bar work but only after changing it from the "customise" menu, not the settings at the bottom of the page.
  • AirAir
    edited September 2016 Posts: 10,970
    Hello:-)

Please don't mix different cases in one thread.
    jazskimo said:
    Thanks for your reply. I have done as you said, however as this site is for a photographer, the landscape images don't look good being cropped.
    I have shown you where you can change image sizes so you could achieve what you need. However remember that you need to rebuild thumbnails after you change these sizes, so they would look proper -> http://apollo13.eu/docs/photon/#!/image_sizes_video_support_and_others_template_image_sizes

With kind regards.
    Post edited by Air on
  • edited September 2016 Posts: 9
    Hi,

I did not have the option to only regenerate only the catalogue images. I installed the other rebuild plug in that gave me the toggle options. I followed your instructions as per your screen shots but the catalogue images are still being cropped and cutting out half the images
    Post edited by jazskimo on
  • Examples
    rebuild.JPG
    420 x 511 - 35K
    Size.JPG
    875 x 845 - 89K
  • AirAir
    BUT you didn't change your images to horizontal, you just copied number we showed you from our demo. Your images are still vertical. Swap values in Catalog images setting, and redo everything.

With kind regards.
  • Im sorry, I thought you meant to copy the numbers. I have now changed this and have landscape, but the portraits are now cropped. Is it not possible in the theme to have the masonry layout in the shop like the album pages?
  • AirAir
    jazskimo said: Is it not possible in the theme to have the masonry layout in the shop like the album pages?
    This theme doesn't have such option unfortunately, but If you really need it you can do following thing to simulate it:

- Create new album in bricks mode.
    - Add photos representing your products
    - Link those photos to products
    - You can even add button "add to cart" on each photo(in same place where you link photos)
    - Use this album as your shop page.

With kind regards.