Before you ask please READ THIS

Hosting in China issue

in Superior Posts: 3
Hello,

It's look like a website with this theme create a big issue in hosting in China, making all server slow. Staff who checked sent this email :

"The problems seems to be showing up after Chinese work hours... are there any automated processes set to run during "off hours" in China?

Is the website pulling any information from overseas that needs to navigate the great firewall?"

Can you help me to clarify if the template pull info or not?

Thank you

Comments

• AirAir
    Hello :-)

No theme doesn't pull any info just like that. However WordPress is doing many mini tasks as checking for updates and news. However these are done in a way that shouldn't block your site.

Are you on shared hosting?

With kind regards.
    Hello,

Yes we are on sharing hosting VPS in China. China has great firewall which make some website not work like Facebook or youtube. So for example if you display a video in homepage host in youtube, that can make site slow. According hosting, it's possible the site with your template pull some information and make it slow. I installed the same day on same server 2 sites with Wordpress. Maybe Wordpress is the problem, but in this case the other site will have issue as well. As just your site has issue, I guess it's not Wordpress but a template issue :(
  • AirAir
    Hi again :-)

Well still there is no real evidence for it, as we are only talking for now and I didn't see any real site of yours. What exactly happen when it gets slow? Can you switch same site to Default WordPress theme and eliminate speed issue by this? Remember that theme is not all you have - you have also plugins, and they can pull something regularly.

With kind regards.
  • AirAir
    edited August 2016 Posts: 10,970
    Thanks for link.

I have checked your site and analyze it with browser console.
    Form what I see resources are downloaded extremely slow from your site. You also should enable gzip on your server to compress files like JavaScript, cause now 700KB js file from Visual composer should take ~50KB after gziping, but instead server sends whole uncompressed 700KB.

So it is not server not responding, or doing anything funky, but slowly serving every file that is needed to render site. See for your self:
    -Open Chrome browser
    -Tap f12 to open console
    -switch to network tab
    -open your site

With kind regards
    Post edited by Air on
    Hi,

Thanks for answer. Are you able to see which ressource take long time to load? I can see even the page look finish to load, it continue to load something. Maybe this ressource long to load is the source of the issue.
  • AirAir
    Yes it loads various images - for layout and for slider. It is totally normal behavior but your server makes it visible cause of its speed. Have you tried any other hosting company?

With kind regards.