Before you ask please READ THIS

How to change the photos on the demos? ("About me - Alex", "Services - Two columns" etc.)

idaida
in FatMoon Posts: 46
Hi,

I am not able to change the photos of the demo pages "About me - Alex", "Services - Two columns" etc. I really don't know where to find the picture to change and tried with "Featured picture", "featured album", "background image".... Where can I change them?
Thank you for your help and best regards,
I.

Comments

• idaida
    Ok, I solved!
  • AirAir
    Hello :-)

Glad you did it.

For anyone wondering - it was background of row in Visual Composer.

With kind regards.
  • edited November 2016 Posts: 7
    Sorry its still not clear to me how to get to the background of the row in Visual Composer. Is it better to go through the backend or the front end?
    Post edited by keishabel on
  • AirAir
    I prefer backend :-) In case of "About me - Alex" it is Parllax image. See screen shot:

ss-2016-11-25_09-11-45.png
    1040 x 477 - 68K
  • I think there is something up with Visual Composer because I don't see that option. I notice that I am having an issue with WPBakery Visual Composer. I have tried to upload the js_composer.zip file manually and I still got me an error message. It's also telling me that I don't have a license for this plugin. Is there some sort of update and license that I don't have. The Visual Composer support site mentions that if plugin is received from a theme purchased the author should provide an updated version. Do you have an updated version or can you reload this plugin. Thank you much.
    Hi,
    please provide login credentials to admin panel, send it via private message.
    I'll take a look and try to make it clear for you.
    Remember to rate our theme if you like it ;)
    All the Best.
    Check you messages. Thank you.
    So:
    1. you have Visual Composer 5.0 - the latest version is 5.0.1 and probably next FatMoon update will be equipped with the latest Visual Composer version. This is not an issue.
    2. as for being able to change the background - just checked that. It's working correctly on your website. Click the 'pencil' icon (marked with red rectangle to the right), then find 'Background' setting in 'Design Options' tab.
    Air was referring to situation when you want to have background with parallax effect.
    3. you have some extra plugins installed. This can be a problems source in the future, so please report issues after disabling all extra plugins and making sure that the issue really exists.
    All the Best.
  • Thank you for your detailed response, but the screen I see doesn't look like yours. The General tab that I have shows CSS Animation and not Parallax. Got it, but there is not option to change the image. So I am confused on how to find the image to change. What am I not seeing? Do you think I have to update my browser?
    Please provide access (login credentials) to your website. Send it via private message.
    If you feel uncomfortable doing so - please provide screenshots of steps you make in order to set the background.
    All the Best.
  • AirAir
    keishabel said: The General tab that I have shows CSS Animation and not Parallax
    Make sure you click pencil for row element. There is huge chance you are trying to edit different element.

With kind regards.
  • I'm going to upload some screenshots too.
    Original.jpg
    1196 x 562 - 201K
    Clicking Row Edit.jpg
    1196 x 562 - 203K
    Editing the Row.jpg
    1197 x 476 - 160K
    Clicking Column.jpg
    1196 x 562 - 202K
    Editing Column.jpg
    1184 x 569 - 200K
    And here is what I see.
    Maybe you have obsolete web browser?
    Can you provide info about the device/system/browser you're using? With version numbers.
    Did you try on another device?
    scr.png
    1499 x 803 - 105K
    All the Best.
    Its very possible its my outdated browser. I did try on a Chrome browser as well with no luck.
    KeishabelCurrentOSX.jpg
    640 x 790 - 180K
    KeishabelCurrentBrowser.jpg
    592 x 412 - 112K
    And this is what we call a weird case.
    We both login with same credentials, we both edit same page, both click same button and we get different effects...
    Are you familiar with Developers Tool in Chrome? You could check if you are getting any kind of error messages after clicking 'pencil' icon.
    All the Best.
  • Hi Surgeon & Air. I just wanted to update you both. It was the outdated browser and am working on it. However I went to Firefox and have had a better time. Thank you for all your help.
  • AirAir
    That are great news. Thanks for sharing all info - we will be better prepared for such situation in future.

With kind regards.