Before you ask please READ THIS

Multilingual page - Polylang

edited November 2016 in FatMoon Posts: 24
Hi,

1. Is it possible to translate page with Polylang ? I have activated Ottawa theme, and when I Activate polylang, content dissapear, I am quite new to wordpress. I am OK with HTML, PHP, SQL, CSS... what is the best option to translate page into more languages (SK and ENG)? I need language switcher in main side menu. It don't want to pay for plugin.

THANKS,

Nikol

Post edited by surgeon on

Comments

• edited November 2016 Posts: 1,758
    Hello Nikol!
    We've never tested FatMoon theme against compatibility with Polylang plugin.
    But WPML plugin (https://wpml.org/) - which is the far best multi-lang WP plugin - is tested and is compatible with FatMoon.
    Post edited by surgeon on
    Remember to rate our theme if you like it ;)
    All the Best.
  • thank you for response!

And it there some free limited version or trial or should I buy it?
    WPML is a commercial solution, that's why it is so good.
    If you can wait few days I can make a quick research and take a look at Polylang + FatMoon, perhaps the problem is trivial, but simply I can't promise you anything right now.
    All the Best.
  • OK thank you, I appreciate it, it would be perfect, it could be any solution which is free, because 79$ is quite a lot if I need to pay every year for renew (or support).
  • AirAir
    Yes that is true, however this why it(WPML) is reliable, cause they have whole business around their product.
    However everything depends on your current needs :-)

With kind regards.
    Hi,
    I tested briefly Polylang plugin with FatMoon theme - simply speaking those two are not compatible at the moment.
    All the Best.
  • Hello :)

I also tried Ceceppa Multilingua (it looked quite good, only few things I wasn't able to translate such picture description or picture title) - is it possible to translate things also "hardly" in code or .po .mo files? - so not in WP CMS but use translation files and switch them (or it is not so easy as I think :) )
    Sorry if I ask something stupid, I am really new (when I did a web page from the scratch I had two files which I could just switch)

Nikol
  • AirAir
    edited November 2016 Posts: 10,970
    Hi there:-)

Yes, you can translate things from code, as all of them are in translation file. You can read more here http://apollo13.eu/docs/apollo13_framework_theme/#!/translating_theme

With kind regards.
    Post edited by Air on
  • And then can I make a "switcher" in header? And it will only switch the translation files or?
  • AirAir
    Language switcher was only designed for WPML plugin, so if you use other plugin then you will have to create custom code to support it. Using no plugin at all, and having language switcher is not possible, as you will have to create whole logic for switching languages on your own.

With kind regards.
  • Ok, so if I found a plugin which works fine with switching language with Fatmoon theme (e.g. that Ceceppa) it worked good only few things I wasnt able to translate, so then there is possible these few things translate in .po .mo files?
  • AirAir
    Yes, just create proper .po files like explained in my previous post.

With kind regards.
  • Thank you very much for your help, I will try and hope I will not need to write any other questions :) Have a nice day Air and Surgeon :)